Tips for sending for TTM Autos

moose2438

5.00 star(s)
Have you had successes sending envelopes that have to be licked?
My last TTM requests that I sent were with a SASE that need to be licked, I hope the player would be nice enough to do it.

I don't think there is a trend either...but I have noticed that usually, when I send out lick envelopes, they don't necessarily come back sealed. :( Fortunately, I have not experienced a case where the contents were missing; however, I have leaned more toward using the self-adhesive ones now (the past few months).

Just my two cents. (The same two cents that's used to increase the postal rate for a stamp :mad: )

daktion

5.00 star(s)
Another helpfull hint. When mailing to a players home, print
" address correction requested"
on the bottom left corner of the envelope. That way the PO will notify you of the cahnge of address.

klofton7

4.90 star(s)
Can someone please explain to me this method of "rubbing off" or de-glossing the glossy cards? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey

Baseballwiz27

Can someone please explain to me this method of "rubbing off" or de-glossing the glossy cards? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Casey

De-Glossing: some cards when they get signed they come out looking all bubbly looking. 2006 Topps were the worst signing cards ever. If I had only one card of a person I would use baby powder. It sounds dumb, but it makes the signature looking like they signed a fleer. The de-glossing method is just to make sure the auto will come out nice.

moose2438

5.00 star(s)
De-Glossing: some cards when they get signed they come out looking all bubbly looking. 2006 Topps were the worst signing cards ever. If I had only one card of a person I would use baby powder. It sounds dumb, but it makes the signature looking like they signed a fleer. The de-glossing method is just to make sure the auto will come out nice.

I always thought you could use the a pencil eraser, too...?

cadets68

5.00 star(s)
Alright, after reading about TTM's for years I am going to give it a try. My Mom works for an NFL team, and early this season they had allumni day. She dealt with a number of famous to no name former players. My Mom is not allowed to ask for personnel favors, and she never would.

A former 1970's era almost no name who did have a few cards asked if she remembered him. She of course did not but mentioned that she has a son who is really into card collecting and that he would remember him. That is me. I only remember his cards not his playing. Well he gave her his business card and told her to have me send him a card and that he would autograph it. So I have the address and my Mom has been on me to send a card. Here I go into the world of TTM's.

Wish me luck on my first attempt.

Shawn