Tips for sending for TTM Autos

Butch

4.90 star(s)
what I do is I buy a box of larger envelopes (4 1/8 x 9 1/2) to put everything in. Then one of the regular sized envelopes as the sase. Write your letter on an index card. Doing these 2 things will cut down the shipping to one stamp.

NYMets6986

5.00 star(s)
I have been sending cards ttm for a long time... Im thinking of sending baseballs to a few players, I was just wondering what the best way to approach that was. Sending a box or a big padded envelope? Please give me some ideas thank you!

r2d2

5.00 star(s)
I have been sending cards ttm for a long time... Im thinking of sending baseballs to a few players, I was just wondering what the best way to approach that was. Sending a box or a big padded envelope? Please give me some ideas thank you!

What I've done is a small box to send and a bubble mailer for a SASE (usually put $2 of stamps).

mort

5.00 star(s)
I send the ball in a small box. Inside include an adhesive label with your address and a return stamp (you can buy a stamp for $4.50 or whatever the postage amounts to). Some 'graphers prefer to send their own pen as well -- but there's no guarantee the recipient will use it. Nor is there a guarantee they'll sign on the sweet spot.

One more thing to consider ... send a letter to ask permission first.

Good luck!
Scott-

jagsfan781

Hey, this may be a question that someone has asked already but i was wonder what is the best way to get rid of the gloss on cards so they are easier to be signed. Also, How many stamps are usually needed for sending to the player and how many are needed on the SASE? (I will be sending a standard evelope as the SASE and one card in a hard case and a 5x3 index card and all of that will be inside a 6x9 manila envelope)

thanks for the help!

r2d2

5.00 star(s)
Hey, this may be a question that someone has asked already but i was wonder what is the best way to get rid of the gloss on cards so they are easier to be signed. Also, How many stamps are usually needed for sending to the player and how many are needed on the SASE? (I will be sending a standard evelope as the SASE and one card in a hard case and a 5x3 index card and all of that will be inside a 6x9 manila envelope)

thanks for the help!

I use an eraser all over the card, but is very common for people to use baby powder also.
It takes only one stamp for each envelope.

mort

5.00 star(s)
I use an eraser all over the card, but is very common for people to use baby powder also.
It takes only one stamp for each envelope.
I've tried both in the past. The baby powder gives you that oh so fresh smell, but I think the eraser does a better job with slightly less mess.

This is the eraser I recommend:

You can get them at Staples in a three or four pack.

Good luck!

mort

5.00 star(s)
soo if i wanna send a baseball, do i just put it in a box or bubble mailer and they will sign and send it back? its that simple?
There is always a little risk when sending a baseball unless you are absolutely certain a player will autograph it for you. But then again, that's the fun of TTM autograph collecting. Some like to send a request (with a SASE) first to see if it's OK to send something of value.

As for sending the ball, I send it in a box with the return adhesive label and adhesive postage inside. Then they autograph the ball, stick on the label, slap on the postage, and drop it in the mail. No trash, no confusion, easy.

Some collectors will send a particular pen as well. (There is a risk a player could autograph the ball in green Sharpie *laugh*).