To go back in time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
You know every collector has thought this same thing. "If only I could go back in time I would buy up so many Pujols cards before they got hot":) Or any prospect, or product or even vintage....anything you know you could flip for big time bucks.

Anyway, I love those 1992 Front Row 5 card sets, the ones where they have a print run of 25,000 but the first 5,000 are autographed. Even with that high of a print run the autos are not that easy to come by but look at the awesome list of people that were in these 5 card sets!

Hank Aaron
Ernie Banks
Yogi berra
Brooks Robinson
Buck Leonard
Ray Dandridge
Whitey Ford
Monte Irvin
Tom Seaver
Willie Stargell

I would go back and stockpile these:)

I never saw these back in the day. Can anyone tell me how they were packaged and how much they cost back in 1992?

I wish I would have started collecting when I was younger.
I would have been an Ernie Banks supercollector and would finance my hobby selling his cards. :rolleyes: :D
Rich

I wish I would have started collecting when I was younger.
I would have been an Ernie Banks supercollector and would finance my hobby selling his cards. :rolleyes: :D
Rich

But 80% of his cards are from 2001 and up. So you would need tons of his rookies, sell off the dups so you can buy ugly looking cards from other products that have the same picture from his RC:)

I wish i could go back in the 1950s and buy as much as i can of those 5 cent topps packs. I always think about this. haha

I have 15 different players from those Front Row sets and I like those also. I do not have any of the autos though.

One thing I would probably do is not buy so many cards of Mark Lewis (lovely draft pick by the Indians) and Alex Fernandez.

But that is just a couple of many things I would change about my great hobby.

Bryon

Neat sets indeed... I have the Monte Irvin in my PC, the autoed set... I believe it came with the first card signed in a team bag type plastic. I am not positive as I traded for it a few years ago. I have been searching for the Dandridge set myself as that is a ***** Leaguer I do not have an auto of.

how come no one is satying what i am going back and grabing all mickey mantles cards from his rookie up

I've collected for some time now and for some reason I did not buy many cards during the Pujols rookie year. I have no idea why I didn't. Shame on me!

But I do wish I could go back and take better care of my cards I had when I was younger. For example.........I wouldn't play "flip cards" with them.....or throw darts at them.............or blow them up with firecrackers........or put them in my bike spokes, etc, etc.

If I could go back in time....

I would go back to a few years ago when I passed up around 20 vintage Mickey Mantles at a garage sale for $800. If I would have had the money....

If anyone wants one of these, I have this one for $20 delivered:
dandridge1.jpg

dandridge2.jpg

Just let me know, thanks.

Jack

I resumed collecting in 1991. If I could go back I would have sold my 1960's cards then when the price was peaking.

Other than all the obvious buy up all the great cards/packs at the low price...If I could go back,it would be to the summer of 1974, my neighbors were having a garage sale and my parents gave me $5 to spend, my dad pushed me towards a brown grocery bag filled with baseball cards (I distinctly remember a 73 Clemente at the very top), I wanted the table top hockey game right next to it. I cried until I got the hockey game...I didn't start collecting cards until 1976.

Other than all the obvious buy up all the great cards/packs at the low price...If I could go back,it would be to the summer of 1974, my neighbors were having a garage sale and my parents gave me $5 to spend, my dad pushed me towards a brown grocery bag filled with baseball cards (I distinctly remember a 73 Clemente at the very top), I wanted the table top hockey game right next to it. I cried until I got the hockey game...I didn't start collecting cards until 1976.

Just imagine the deals you could have gotten in the 70's with an ad in the newspaper. Something like "Son went to college ? Cleaning up his room ? Call us. We buy unwanted baseball/football cards and comic books". People would pounce at the chance to get $5 for a box they were just going to throw out anyways.