Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Charlie Hough 4/4 1.5 months (1976, '77, '78 Topps & '91 Topps Traded)
c/o Dodgers

I've long felt he would have had a career similar to Phil Niekro if he had been given a chance to start earlier in his career. He had already been around the majors for 13 seasons before he got a chance to pitch every fifth day, and still wound up with 216 wins. Pretty impressive stuff.

I've always had a fascination with knuckleballers. Been fortunate to watch Tim Wakefield in his years with Boston. But like Jim Bouton talked a lot about in his book, either the knuckleball works really, really well or you get destroyed by the knuckleball staying flat and getting smashed.

If we ever do see a female MLBer it will probably be a knuckleball pitcher like the Japanese teenager who was recently tutored by Wake.

I've always had a fascination with knuckleballers. Been fortunate to watch Tim Wakefield in his years with Boston. But like Jim Bouton talked a lot about in his book, either the knuckleball works really, really well or you get destroyed by the knuckleball staying flat and getting smashed.

If we ever do see a female MLBer it will probably be a knuckleball pitcher like the Japanese teenager who was recently tutored by Wake.

I used to love watching Joe Niekro pitch when he was here in Houston, as well as his brother, Phil. It's an easy pitch to learn, but extremely hard to master. I do, however, think you might be right on the money with a female pitcher in MLB. It just may be with the knuckleball. I'd love to see it.