Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Had a pretty decent IP success day today.

Trekked out to Sugar Land to watch former Astro Jason Lane continue his comeback as a pitcher. That's right, for those of you not aware ,Jason is a left handed starter in the Atlantic League these days. Both the Diamondbacks and the Twins have given him looks, and judging by the scouts at the game today someone else is giving him a look, too. The Skeeters have already lost a few players to the majors this year, and wouldn't be surprised if someone comes knocking on Jason's door soon. I've seen Jason pitch only a couple of times this year. First time he pitched a shutout and tonight he didn't let a runner get past first. The pen coughed up a run in the 9th, but Jason and the Skeeters won by a large margin again tonight.

After the game, I got Jason to sign an 8x10 and a 2005 World Series Program. The Skeeters were playing the Patriots out of Somerset tonight, and even though the Pats took a good old fashioned whomping tonight, former Yankee Shane Spencer kindly signed a OMLB on the sweet spot for me.

When I got home, I turned on MLB Network, on my satelitte system which had no signal the past few days. So glad I fixed my signal issue today with $4 worth of parts I picked up from a retailer today so I could see the end of Lincecum's no no tonight. 'Graphs and baseball. You can't go wrong with that. :)

Shane Spencer?? congrats, Jim. i do enjoy those indy games. you guys have some real talent out there in Sugarland, i wish the Air Hogs had more MLB guys showing up. Somerset has a 6'9 pitcher, Big Jon Hunton, that was with Grand Prairie last yr. that guy is HUGE!!! MIller pitched a few games for GP last yr; but nothing like having Majewski, Elarton, Lane etc..I didnt realize they had Langerhans.I played a few games against him in high school.

ANyway, let me know if you go again. I think i have to go see Ligtenberg tomorrow. ANd then Oberkfell in a month or so..congrats on a great job..and the Timmy no-no was pretty awesome. Plus my sister had her first child today..Not bad at all !! :)

Yep, Shane Spencer. He's the hitting coach for Somerset these days. I still remember him as that young kid who came up in '98 and mashed 3 grand slams for the Yanks in the month of September on the way to the World Series title. I'll be going again next weekend, Chris. I'll be 'graphing the Astros-Mariners and plan on 'graphing the Skeeters and Blue Crabs, too...if all goes according to plan. I have a couple of things I want to get Gaetti on, like a 1987 AL Championship Series Program, and I have an Upshaw photo I want to get signed, too.

Congrats to your sister on her first child! Graphing is fun but it's a distant second to parenthood. Kids are way cool!

Congrats Jim! I also love that Atlantic League, Camden is my home team. The Long Island Ducks are loaded with talent, It took us 2 games to get Dontrelle Willis but he finally cracked.

-Walt

very awesome, Jim. good luck.got upshaw several times as a kid.he used to have a lot of family visit him in arlington.was very nice to us teenagers. im sure you'll do well. have fun!!!