Topps 1/1 Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

six43dpnc

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hey Topps, Enough of the 1/1 autos! Looking at a Chipper Archives 1/1 and went to the bay. Guess what? There were 11 different 1/1 autos. From the same set!! Send the player 20 different cards and stamp them all 1/1. Same for Murray, but only 6 different 1/1's listed. With your reasoning, EVERY serial numbered card is 1/1. Glavine auto 123/150 (or whoever/whatever) is a 1/1.

And it seems like the collector's are footing to bill. I won't pay/trade $300 for a card when there are so many other 1/1's. But I'm sure some are or will.

Just a litle venting this am.

100% Agree. I have been thinking this same thing for a while now, and it keeps getting worse.

I agree with u 100%. I do recall Donruss was the first ones to do this. I recall buying a $50.00 pack and pulling a 1/1 Cal Ripken Jr. Auto card. I believe it was called recollection. They brought back one of each cards for every year... So they had about 30 1/1s. Their was a collector buying them up for $400.00 to $500.00. Best regards, David

I think it's not that bad if the card is a one time thing. But the issue with Archives for me is that they use some of the same cards again in later years. Like if you have a 1/1 2001 bowmans best used in 2019 for q player, don't use another 2001 bowmans best in 2022 as well. I've searcheded and seen the same card used as a 1/1 auto in 3 different years. There are more than enough cards made by Topps to have different cards used each year.

You are talking about Archives Signature Series correct?

Those sets are notorious for this. 1/1 overload.