Topps NFT Trading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weavahVBC

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Not sure if this is the right forum, but seems like a good place as any...

Was wondering if anyone got into the Topps Series 1 NFT release a couple weeks ago? I'd like to make some trades, but doesn't seem like people are interested in that? Or they don't even know it's an option? I've had two offers open for 2 weeks...

Anyway, trying to collect the Yankees Team Card rainbow - just like real life! - so I thought I'd see if anyone here got into it. Even if you don't have the Yankees, maybe I've got something you could use? Looks like this will let you see what I've got: https://wax.atomichub.io/trading/new-offer?partner=ylyre.wam.

Guess we'd work it out here just like a physical trade & then complete in the Atomic Marketplace? This seems weird to me - not sure why I even bought any packs? FOMO? Compulsion? Hahaha.

I think 99% of the NFT sales were people hoping to flip for a big profit... not many collectors. You are the first actual NFT collector I've came across... and I've came across many of the 'hoping to flip for profit' buyers... who are probably not very happy with their investment at this point in time.

I actually wanted to buy a pack just to try it out, but seeing as the WIX site had no way to withdraw funds it scared me off. I think they've fixed that now so maybe I'll try it for series 2

Yeah, I know I've sent out some trades & never gotten anything - neither a successful one or a denial. I bought some packs out of curiosity, but don't really think I'll be getting anymore. I honestly forget that I have anything for weeks at a time - probably ought to sell them all off so I can forget about them completely. Hahaha

But I guess I'll go poke around now that I'm thinking about it again!

Lol yeah your post showed up on my feed so I didn't realize it was a month old until after I'd posted. Who knows with baseball NFT's maybe they'll catch on at some point. I know Topps sure is betting on it.

I'd personally like it better if it was direct with Topps and wasn't directly tied to a 3rd party crypto currency. I get why they did it that way, but still a foreign concept to me that a $50 pack today could be $500 or $5 tomorrow. I like that the NFT sets the finite population, but the "value" is not really why I collect, so the crypto currency aspect is a turn off for me.