Trade Cards/Royals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeboAlan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Cards Trade
AA C C.Shelton ml contract
MLB SP S.Kazmir 9.5mil team option

For

AAA LF J.Tabata ML contract
MLB SP J.Cueto 432k x2 and 2.4mil arb x3
MLB 1B T.Atkins 432k and 700k x3 arb

Thanks
Heath

Last edited:
Does this trade seem one sided?

To which side Bryon? I am assuming you don't like the fact Kazmir would be in the Central. I think it is a fair deal, for the reasons outlined below.

Kazmir has only one year of team control left at a 9.5 million dollar option. He is a top 15 pitcher in the league, no doubt about it, but is going to cost a lot of money to get under contract long term. The 17 year old catcher is a project player out of a catcher-heavy system.

As far as the Cardinals go. Heath is looking to cut payroll (which this deal will do by about 6 million or more). Cueto is not a star, but a young (24) pitcher under team control for at a minimum of 3 years. He will be a solid 3-4 slot SP and will likely improve in the National League. Atkins is a 29 year old Lefty hitter that plays above average 1B defense. He has been my starter for 3 seasons, and averages over 3 seasons .285/25 HR/91 RBI (41 doubles per year as well). He is an above average 1B when you take all the peripherals into account, on top of the fact he is due arb for the first time and is under team control for 3 more years.

Tabata is a 4-tool 22 year old without a MLB contract. He is also a top 100 prospect and a former 1st round pick. He hit .349 with 81 RBI and 27 SB in 593 AAA AB this year.

Long story short, 1 year of a top 15 pitcher for a controllable starting 1B, a controllable mid rotation starter, and a top 100 prospect with upside. I don't think it is unfair, albeit it is my trade.

Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back