Trade Cards/White Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeboAlan

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Cards trade
AA SP G.Madison Minor Leauge contract

For

White Sox trade
MLB 2B M.Prado 2.9mil and 3.3 mil arb x3

Thanks
Heath

YEs both of you can make arguments for the trade via PM or publicly if you like.

It would be great to hear from both of you

Ok my argument is prado above avg 2B, Madison 22 year old one of my better prospects has pitched well and is a SP. Considering Chicago has a surplus at 2B plus drops a few mil. I dont see much argument against

First off this is for fun and I don't believe someone thinks a trade can't just be a way to shake things up or take a chance on a hunch...

White Sox save the remainder of a $2.9 mil contract on player that did not anticipate offering arbitration because I have 3 other 2B on the 40 man and 3 of my top 14 prospects are 2B and I get a young SP for a minor league system that is depleted

less than thrilled about the arbitrary way trades are held up

All in all, it trade disputes don't happen very often. As Cory has said in the past, If we allowed the software to judge if trades are valid or not, literally 90% or more of the trades that are processed in our system wouldn't go thru.

This league is for fun, and I think all of us are having alot of fun with it. This is the best system we have for this, and I cant think of another way of doing it other than allowing the software to make the final decision, which , trust me, no one in this league would be happy with.

In this instance I was the one who contested the trade, and since that is the case, I will not be able to vote on this, I will have to open up a league wide vote on this trade to keep things as fair as possible.

You are right Heath, hindsight, Maybe I shouldn't have bothered, But Everyone in the league has the same right, I understand both of your arguments for the trade to be processed as is. Im not trying to cause excess drama here, and I am sure no one is with contested trades. Which is why we have this system in place. Real lifer MLB trades need to be approved by the commisioners office and we do try and keep the BSL running as close to real baseball as possible.

I guess if you were swapping 2Bmen at the ML level & maybe a couple Minor league-ers it wouldn't look so one-sided.....I realize this is for fun but, it's also somewhat competitive & a trade so lop-sided makes for not so much fun for teams that are trying to "keep it real".....so saying this I disagree with the initial trade & believe it should be re-vamped to satisfy the rest of the league.

Thanks,
Nats Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back