Transaction Manager Updates

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I thought updates related to the Transaction Manager should get their own thread, so here we are.

Tonight's update fixed several bugs that have been found since the original upgrade, plus added a few small features.

Here's a list of the new features added, or re-added:

• Added a "Transaction info" block to the main Transactions page. This will show you your Bench point total, and overall trader rating.
  • Re-added the options for members to mark your transactions as sent, as well as the ability to add/edit tracking numbers for the package that you're mailing out.
  • Added an indicator to transactions where action is needed from you. For "Pending transactions", if you see the hourglass, that means you haven't yet confirmed the transaction. For "Confirmed transactions", the hourglass means you have not yet marked the transaction as complete.
Hopefully these few tweaks will help make things a little bit easier on all the members here at The Bench. As always, if you have any problems just let me know and I'll gladly take a look at them for you.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Either member can cancel a transaction until it's confirmed. There should be buttons available for "Cancel" or "Confirm". Once confirmed, the transaction can only be completed or cancelled by a moderator. If you need to cancel a transaction that's already been confirmed, just click the "Report" button and we'll be able to help you out.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Just noticed that the Transactions did not update the trades that were completed yesterday........I had at least 5 or 6 trades .....and the numbers did not move from yesterday's total. Best regards, David

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just noticed that the Transactions did not update the trades that were completed yesterday........I had at least 5 or 6 trades .....and the numbers did not move from yesterday's total. Best regards, David

You gain bench points, now, as soon as your transaction partner adds a rating for you, even if the transaction isn't yet complete. So, if you were the one who completed those transactions yesterday, that means you had already gained your bench points when your transaction partner marked it complete.

To verify things are working correctly, I just queried the database for all ratings left for you and the numbers still match perfectly.

LarryG

5.00 star(s)
Hi, maybe I can help out here. David - I saw you marked our trade as complete yesterday, but I have not yet done so, since I have not yet received the card from you. I am sure I will receive it today (tomorrow at latest I hope, given mail always seems to take a while to get to me from California), and will then mark the trade as Complete. I suspect when I also mark the trade as Complete, we will each receive the point at that time.

Does that sound right, Mike?

Larry

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hi, maybe I can help out here. David - I saw you marked our trade as complete yesterday, but I have not yet done so, since I have not yet received the card from you. I am sure I will receive it today (tomorrow at latest I hope, given mail always seems to take a while to get to me from California), and will then mark the trade as Complete. I suspect when I also mark the trade as Complete, we will each receive the point at that time.

Does that sound right, Mike?

Not quite. So, if David has already marked the trade as complete, that means you have already received a point for that transaction. As soon as you mark it as complete, that's when David will receive his point.

Members are given their bench points, and their rating is re-calculated, as soon as their transaction partner adds a rating for them, even though the transaction will still be in the confirmed state until both members have marked it as complete.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I think the confusion is that the old trade manager updated points once per day. This new system updates points, and ratings, instantly each time a rating is added for another member.

smalltime35

5.00 star(s)
Hey, I'm new here and I've been getting this bug since I joined, not sure if I'm the only one, but when my transaction partner marks the transaction "complete", the notification I get says "smalltime35 has marked your transaction complete" (it has my username instead of theirs). Other notifications work fine.
1601477202699.png

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hey, I'm new here and I've been getting this bug since I joined, not sure if I'm the only one, but when my transaction partner marks the transaction "complete", the notification I get says "smalltime35 has marked your transaction complete" (it has my username instead of theirs). Other notifications work fine.

Well that's definitely not supposed to happen! 🤦‍♂️

Looks like the right avatar, but the wrong username.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll look into it and, hopefully, get a fix for this installed today.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Thanks, again, for reporting this bug @smalltime35. Looks like I was using the username of whichever member created the transaction, so that means exactly half of those alerts were wrong. I've got a temporary fix lined out for this until I can update the transaction manager itself to include a permanent fix.

Could you please check your alerts and let me know if it is, indeed, fixed now?

smalltime35

5.00 star(s)
Thanks, again, for reporting this bug @smalltime35. Looks like I was using the username of whichever member created the transaction, so that means exactly half of those alerts were wrong. I've got a temporary fix lined out for this until I can update the transaction manager itself to include a permanent fix.

Could you please check your alerts and let me know if it is, indeed, fixed now?
@Mike121 those alerts are now showing the right username, thanks for the quick fix and for all your work on the site!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I think the confusion is that the old trade manager updated points once per day. This new system updates points, and ratings, instantly each time a rating is added for another member.
Nope.....I just completed one trade today...started with 10,756.......waited for it to change like u stated and nothing happen....now it near the end of day.....and still only 10,756. Payment was paypal.....so it completed on the seller side ......I get the cards...now its completed on my side......so its totally completed. But no point was added. Best regards, David PS still feel that something is wrong in Denmark.