Transaction Manager Updates

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Nope.....I just completed one trade today...started with 10,756.......waited for it to change like u stated and nothing happen....now it near the end of day.....and still only 10,756. Payment was paypal.....so it completed on the seller side ......I get the cards...now its completed on my side......so its totally completed. But no point was added. Best regards, David PS still feel that something is wrong in Denmark.

I'll run a few more queries on the data today to check but I'm pretty certain it's working correctly. When you first reported a problem here you had 10,754 points. Now you're up to 10,757. So I know it's working but I will look into it to see if there are cases where it's not working.

Could you give me the transaction ID on a trade you feel like you didn't get a point for? Might help track down a problem if one exists.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Now problems with my sat contests.......last contest no problems.....this week...getting ready to post and cannot get out of it.....leave site...and come back and it never leaves....Stupid system.....cannot delete it so it will go away.

smalltime35

5.00 star(s)
Thanks, again, for reporting this bug @smalltime35. Looks like I was using the username of whichever member created the transaction, so that means exactly half of those alerts were wrong. I've got a temporary fix lined out for this until I can update the transaction manager itself to include a permanent fix.

Could you please check your alerts and let me know if it is, indeed, fixed now?
Hey @Mike121 just wanted to come back to this because I noticed my mobile notifications for trade alerts are still sometimes showing my name where it should be the other person's. Let me know if you need any more info, I can try to screencap the next one.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hey @Mike121 just wanted to come back to this because I noticed my mobile notifications for trade alerts are still sometimes showing my name where it should be the other person's. Let me know if you need any more info, I can try to screencap the next one.
I was actually expecting someone to post about this. 😄 I noticed this on one of my own transactions yesterday evening. I forgot there are separate phrases for the alert and the push notification. I'll get it fixed in the next update (which should be tonight or tomorrow). Thanks for bringing it up, though.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just wanted to post a quick update on something that's going to be changing, possibly tomorrow or at some point this weekend (tomorrow evening is more likely).

First of all we're going to stop separating "Pending" and "Confirmed" transactions on the main transaction page. Not to worry, "Pending" and "Confirmed" transactions will still be the default ones showing. They just won't be separated how they are now.

Also, the "Active" and "Complete" tabs are going to go away. They'll no longer be necessary.

In place of these features, we'll now have some advanced filters you can use to search through your transactions.

Here is a list of the different filters you'll have access to, and a brief description of what it does, followed by a screenshot of the filters drop down.
  • State: This options determines whether you want to search through "Any", "Active", "Pending", "Confirmed", or "Completed" transactions.
  • Type: This option will determine whether you want to search "Trades", "Sales", or "Freebies".
  • Partner: Enter another member's username here to only show transactions you've had with this member.
  • Created after: Only show transactions created on or after this date.
  • Created before: Only show transactions created on or before this date.
transaction-filters.jpg

Hopefully this will make it much easier for you all to find only the transactions you're looking for.

Most of the work is done. I'm just holding up a bit for further testing and to fix a few more bugs that have been found with the transactions manager since the last update.

If anyone has any questions about this, please let me know.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I can't think of anything to be added. It looks great. When I saw State, I was thinking Iowa, Illinois, etc. If it's possible do you think you could call that Status? Thanks. Dave

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The updates mentioned here have been applied. If there are any problems, that weren't there before, please let me know and I'll do my best to get them fixed.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Today's update added a Notable members tab for members with the most bench points. The Notable members page can be seen here: https://thebenchtrading.com/members/
I love the noticeable members addition. It gives some people something to compete for. Just like trader of the month. I can remember when trader of the month was a big deal and people were proud to be on the top ten lists. That's as far as I ever made it. But I'm sure people were making trades just to get on the list. And people paid attention to the race. So it is important to have that information up to date. Like the threads for total TOTM titles. Thanks for doing such a great job Mike.

Edit: replace trades with transactions.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Today's update had a few changes.

• Go to transaction: This is a new link in the Transactions sub-menu. If you go to this page and enter the transaction ID, it will take you directly to that transaction.
  • User ratings: If you click on a member's bench point score, you'll now be taken to a page on their profile to view their individual user ratings. You'll be able to see "communication", "packaging", "shipping time", etc all individually for that member. Your individual user ratings will also be shown to you on your main transactions page.
  • No ratings for new members: There are now no ratings shown for new members who have less than 20 bench points. There are a few reasons for this. I'll explain more about this below.

Now, about disabling ratings for new members...

Sometimes new members, especially if they're completely new to online collecting, may get dinged with a bad rating, or two, until they figure out things should be done. The thinking is that if a member is given a bad rating early, they may just quit coming here because folks won't want to trade with them anymore if their rating is poor. We don't want that to happen. If there is a problem with the cards they send, or if they take a long time to send, our hope is that the other member will let them know what they did wrong so they can, hopefully, do better next time. I'd certainly still recommend giving them an appropriate rating, but the hope would be that before they've completed their 20 transactions they will have overcome that poor rating.

Another thought is that if a member has to send first on their first 20 transactions, anyways, then their rating shouldn't even matter.

As always, if you notice any issues, that weren't there before today's update, please let me know so I can get those fixed as soon as possible.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
These are nice additions. It would be helpful to look up transactions based on the member's name. If it's already there, I can't find it.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
These are nice additions. It would be helpful to look up transactions based on the member's name. If it's already there, I can't find it.
Yes, once you're looking at your list of transactions there's a filter option called "Partner". Add a member's username in there then set the Status to "Any" and it'll show all your transactions with that member, past and present.

WizardofOz1982

5.00 star(s)
Nope.....I just completed one trade today...started with 10,756.......waited for it to change like u stated and nothing happen....now it near the end of day.....and still only 10,756. Payment was paypal.....so it completed on the seller side ......I get the cards...now its completed on my side......so its totally completed. But no point was added. Best regards, David PS still feel that something is wrong in Denmark.
Just because it was a PayPal transaction doesn't mean it was marked Complete by the other party. I have a trade in my Transactions right now that I sent PayPal and I have received the cards. I marked it Complete from my side but it still hasn't been marked Complete by the other party.

Last edited:

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Last night I had 78 completed trades as I was going to sleep......55 trades and 23 buyer .....I wake up in the morning and find......53 trades and 23 buyer for 76 for the month of October......so I figure the other two would show up today under the total for Nov.....but nothing is there? Fell into the blackhole? Best regards, David

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Last night I had 78 completed trades as I was going to sleep......55 trades and 23 buyer .....I wake up in the morning and find......53 trades and 23 buyer for 76 for the month of October......so I figure the other two would show up today under the total for Nov.....but nothing is there? Fell into the blackhole? Best regards, David
I'm not sure what might've caused that. I'll look into it when I have time, hopefully later today, and see what I can find.

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I found the issue here, and will try to have it fixed by the time next month is calculated. The difference in your case was the freebies. One of the leaderboard scripts counts freebies in your transaction total and one of them does not. Chances are I'll make it so that freebies only count for the member who is giving the cards away.

Thanks for reporting this one, David. It'll be fixed soon.