Transaction Manager Updates

jaxbraves

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Still would like to be able to print the trade. I send a copy with the trade so the member will have the trade # transaction.
Sometimes I have to look at every transaction to find the trade as the member did not right it on anything. Return addresses
do not alway show the members Bench ID.

Also I use it to take the cards I am sending off my trade pages or even a posting.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still does not look right...I had 177 and three trades were just completed and it was going to up the total to 180 before the system when down...now I'm 169...Wonderful system....Good thing I did not click four more....or those would be gone like the rest. Best regards, David
Not sure how that could have happened. None of the TOTM counts were touched during the update. Can you PM me transaction IDs for the transactions you think you didn't get credit for so I can double check them?

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still does not look right...I had 177 and three trades were just completed and it was going to up the total to 180 before the system when down...now I'm 169...Wonderful system....Good thing I did not click four more....or those would be gone like the rest. Best regards, David
I found the issue here. The counter wasn't counting the freebies anymore. I'm thinking I did this because of a previous bug, but for now I've changed it back.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Still would like to be able to print the trade.
I just added a button to go to a print view. Just click "Print", which is right next to the "Report" button. It will open up a new page with only limited information, and no background. You should be able to print from that page, then use your browser's back button to go back to the main transaction page.

I should mention that the "Print" button is only available for transactions that are confirmed.

jaxbraves

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I just added a button to go to a print view. Just click "Print", which is right next to the "Report" button. It will open up a new page with only limited information, and no background. You should be able to print from that page, then use your browser's back button to go back to the main transaction page.

I should mention that the "Print" button is only available for transactions that are confirmed.
Thank you.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Mike, there was some previous comment about the trading partner's address. The request was that it remain visible after the trade is completed. This is helpful to me to send out free cards and prizes. Some people in fantasy leagues don't use their Bench name, so it was easy to find them for prizes used from an older transaction. Is this still in the works to have the traders address remain a constant. Whether it be their current address or the address they used at the time of the original transaction would need to be decided, I think.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Is this still in the works to have the traders address remain a constant. Whether it be their current address or the address they used at the time of the original transaction would need to be decided, I think.
It is something I'm still going to do. It's just going to take me a little longer to look into how to tie it to an option based parameter. Because of privacy concerns I don't want to show anyone's address except for where we have explicit permission to show it. Some members may only want their address shown for active transactions, while some may be fine with showing it at any time. I'll have a bit of free time this afternoon so I'll look into this. Heck, it could be a quick solution. I just won't know until I start poking around.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The request was that it remain visible after the trade is completed.
There is an option for this now.

For any member who is ok with sharing their address in all transactions, including those that are already complete, there is now an option in your account details page. The option is called "Address privacy", and it's located directly below "Mailing address" and "PayPal address".

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Today's update fixed an error where a member's address would show up even on pending transactions if they had the option set to show on both confirmed, and completed, transactions.

Also, rolled into today's update is a new feature where if the system detects a tracking number as being a USPS tracking number, it will add the tracking number as a clickable link rather than just text. Now members won't have to copy/paste the tracking number. Simply clicking on it will take you to the USPS website so you can see the tracking updates.

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Those are great additions, Mike, while we are on the subject of Transactions, I doubt that I am alone in requesting that a Transaction History be brought back again. Seeing the past trades had been very helpful for me to view what I'd done and with who. Please, seriously consider this feature. Thank you.... also, it would be great once you open someone's thread to be able to click a button and be immediately at the bottom of the page to post, rather than scroll all the way down from the top of the page. Thanks for all your good work.~Rooster.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Those are great additions, Mike, while we are on the subject of Transactions, I doubt that I am alone in requesting that a Transaction History be brought back again. Seeing the past trades had been very helpful for me to view what I'd done and with who. Please, seriously consider this feature. Thank you.... also, it would be great once you open someone's thread to be able to click a button and be immediately at the bottom of the page to post, rather than scroll all the way down from the top of the page. Thanks for all your good work.~Rooster.
You can still view all of your past transactions. When you're looking at the transaction manager, at the top right there are "Filters" that you can use. You can search by status, date, partner, etc.

Here's what it should look like, except "State" has since been changed to "Status":

transaction-filters-jpg.3826

As far as quickly going from top to bottom of a thread, I'll look into more ways to do that. If you're at the bottom, and scroll slightly up, there should be an arrow that pops up on the bottom right of the screen. Clicking that will quickly take you to the top. I'll look into getting something similar to get to the bottom but I'm not sure it can be easily done.

Mike121

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Today's update tries to make it a little easier to see what's going on with your transactions from the main transaction listing page.

Before today you would simply see an hourglass icon next to the transaction title if there was still an action that you were able to perform on the transaction.

Now, you will see a few different icons, depending on where the transaction stands with either member. I've laid out all the possible icons below, followed by a brief description of what they mean. Other than the hourglass icon, which is colored by who needs to confirm the transaction, a gray icon means someone has marked their end as sent, and an orange icon means that someone has marked the transaction as complete.

pending.png This transactions is awaiting confirmation by your transaction partner.

pending-on.png This transaction is awaiting confirmation by you.

paid.png The buyer has marked this transaction as paid.

paid-on.png The seller has completed this transaction, therefore marking it as paid.

partner-shipped.png Your transaction partner has marked your transaction as sent. Time to watch your mailbox!

partner-shipped-on.png You have marked this transaction as complete, meaning you received your package in the mail.

shipped.png You have marked this transaction as sent.

shipped-on.png Your transaction partner has marked the transaction complete, so they've received your package.

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Mike, you have previously mentioned that free cards might count as a transaction point for the giver. Was there a determination on that? Thanks. Dave

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Today's update tries to make it a little easier to see what's going on with your transactions from the main transaction listing page.

Before today you would simply see an hourglass icon next to the transaction title if there was still an action that you were able to perform on the transaction.

Now, you will see a few different icons, depending on where the transaction stands with either member. I've laid out all the possible icons below, followed by a brief description of what they mean. Other than the hourglass icon, which is colored by who needs to confirm the transaction, a gray icon means someone has marked their end as sent, and an orange icon means that someone has marked the transaction as complete.

View attachment 7375 This transactions is awaiting confirmation by your transaction partner.

View attachment 7376 This transaction is awaiting confirmation by you.

View attachment 7371 The buyer has marked this transaction as paid.

View attachment 7372 The seller has completed this transaction, therefore marking it as paid.

View attachment 7373 Your transaction partner has marked your transaction as sent. Time to watch your mailbox!

View attachment 7374 You have marked this transaction as complete, meaning you received your package in the mail.

View attachment 7377 You have marked this transaction as sent.

View attachment 7378 Your transaction partner has marked the transaction complete, so they've received your package.
This is what I was looking for when I asked for a legend on the different statuses. It might be too bulky. I didn't realize that there so many options. With that said. Maybe a drop down menu of statuses where trades are listed would be more appropriate. Thanks. Dave