Review Triple Treads MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Triple Treads MLB

2 mini boxes - 7 cards per mini box
Each mini box contains an auto'd relic and a relic card, one of which is a triple relic.

I pulled the following:

6 base cards
img828_zpsxa4kxblo.jpg

J. Upton, Satchel Paige, M. Kemp, Carl Yastrzemski, Stan Musial, J. Fernandez

Triple Threads is a premium issue. Cards are thick, the front is high gloss with gold reflective design. The reverse is matte finish with player stats, both personal and pro career stats along with 'Triple Take.'

Triple Threads, being a premium issue, is a bit pricey. Here in O'do master boxes are about $180 +/- - making each card - before one knows what one is getting $12.85 each... Now, if one is buying to resell, i.e. for that big hit, you might have to buy several boxes to accomplish that goal. For the set builder, this might be a heck of a mountain to climb. The player collector will have an absolute ton of color variations, autos with jerseys/bats/triple jsys-bats, combo cards, leather, wood, white whales, -- the back of the mini box has 2" of mice type with the different possibilities and the odds for each. Having said all of that, it would be a fun challenge to attack the list to see how far one could get of a particular player (as long as the funds last!!)

Parallels

Purple, Green, Gold

img829_zpshnzhmo4c.jpg

Purple #ed to 340 - Nolan Ryan and Nolan Arenado
Green #ed to 250 - Giancarlo Stanton
Gold #ed to 150 - Ichiro

Jumbo Relic / Triple Relic

img830_zpsqft2asxs.jpg

Jumbo Relic - #ed to 36 Blake Swihart
Triple Relic - #ed to 27 Masahiro Tanaka

Auto'd Jumbo relic

img831_zpsistacxzn.jpg

#ed to 68 - Yadiel Rivera

Wood Triple Relic 1/1

img832_zps2jdf5psd.jpg

Hammering Hank Aaron

Extremely cool card!!

Triple Threads - as a premium issue with a premium price tag - should have on card autos. I understand some of the logistics - getting the cards printed in time, getting the rep together with the individual player and their schedules.... it can be done with Bowman Chrome - why not with Triple Threads?

Overall grade B

Go buy several master boxes and send the Rays parallels, autos, and inserts to me!

Duane

Duane:

I would like a shot at the Yadiel Rivera for my Puerto Rican players PC. I have a Blake Snell (Rays) Topps Chrome rookie refractor auto I would trade you for it. Please let me know. Thank you.

Luis

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Break ! , I could use the Suzuki Gold /50
I have these Rays ?
2016 Triple Threads Green #50 Archer /250
2016 Triple Threads Purple #50 Archer /340
2016 Bowman Blue #BP28 Manny Sanchez /150
2016 Topps Chrome Pink Refractor #84 Longoria,
2016 Topps Chrome Black Refractor Future Star #122 Ordorizzi, #105 Kiermaier
any of these work ?
[email protected]

Nice Break ! , I could use the Suzuki Gold /50