Ttm donation ?

kycardkid

5.00 star(s)
So browsing around SCF address forum, I noticed that some players require a donation. What does this mean? There can't possibly be that many former player charities. Can there? Furthermore, how exactly do you go about this? Cash? Check made out to the player? Just curious because there are several guys who fall under the "donation" umbrella that I would really like to have. Anyone else done this?

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I have enclosed just a few in my time as I don't like sending money ttm. I have always sent cash to very reliable signers. You could send a check and get the canceled stub as another signature from the player!! Good base for a custom cut too! I have never had a donation get lost either. Hope that helps!

HockeyBrawler

5.00 star(s)
There can't possibly be that many former player charities. Can there?

Many will work with an established charity rather than their own, i.e. a local hospital, the American Cancer Society, etc. Some may just go into their own pocket. A better term would be a bribe or a fee, unless you know for sure of where that donation is going. Some (Boggs, Dawson, the late Earl Weaver) were quite transparent about it going to a specific charity. Others, not so much.

Furthermore, how exactly do you go about this? Cash? Check made out to the player? Just curious because there are several guys who fall under the "donation" umbrella that I would really like to have. Anyone else done this?

Typically cash is the best option. I rarely will pay for an autograph, but when I have, cash has been just fine.

kycardkid

5.00 star(s)
Many will work with an established charity rather than their own, i.e. a local hospital, the American Cancer Society, etc. Some may just go into their own pocket. A better term would be a bribe or a fee, unless you know for sure of where that donation is going. Some (Boggs, Dawson, the late Earl Weaver) were quite transparent about it going to a specific charity. Others, not so much.

Typically cash is the best option. I rarely will pay for an autograph, but when I have, cash has been just fine.

I appreciate the input. Boggs, Dawson, and particularly Sandberg were the main guys I was hoping to get.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Sandberg charges $5 per card, $10 for larger photos and baseballs I believe. I think Boggs is the same, Dawson is $10 per card I think. Hope that helps!