TTMs, GMC IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Two TTMs first...

Joe Nathan 1/1
Blake Swihart 2/2
swihart_zps71d288b6.jpg

Sunday I attended a GMC test drive tour event. These are happening almost every weekend here(and some in other states as well). This happened to be right down the street from me and while I don't really collect any other sports, I was a HUGE fan of one of the attendees.

Basically, you had to test drive one of their vehicles(about 5 mins) and then at the end of the drive, you were given an autograph voucher. You also had a bracelet that was scanned where you could win prizes. I won two $10 AmEx gift cards. IT was one autograph per and the lines were so long for these two that you could really only get multiples if you had family members with you. And of course, several people had their kids holding full-size helmets, jerseys, etc..Which is kind of funny because I'm sure those kids have no idea who they were standing in line for. They had a video game setup, football throws, etc. I got there at 10am and was maybe 40th in line to register and then go on my test drive. I did two test drives back to back so then I wouldnt have to worry about taking any more for the rest of the day.(There was a 3.5 hr gap in between the two signings).
So first one, I was probably 50th or so in line..He was awesome and signed whatever you brought. I fondly remember my dad taking me to all his home games in 1982(we had season tickets at Texas Stadium that yr and even attended the Cotton Bowl vs Pitt) so I had to go see him. And of course, he laughed and noted how seldom he ever signs these... :)

Eric Dickerson OMLB w HOF 99
th_dickerson_zps788294b7.jpg
Came back at 3:10 for the second signing. Mall parking lot was crazy and it took me at least 10 mins to find a spot. I got there and this line was long already.(4:30 signing time). At 3:30 it was announced no outside items(much to the chagrin of the 4 person families that had already purchased their minis, fulls and jerseys. Oh well, those are the breaks.) I was probably almost 200th in line. As I got to the first line, you could tell that his promo 8x10s were dwindling. Good lord this is going to suck, I thought. I got the LAST action 8x10 promo.The other 50-60 behind me got a blank 8x10 with some GMC writing and NFL helmet logos.It could be used as a cut; but you could tell some of those people were pretty bummed. All in all, it's free. Hard to complain about getting these two guys for free, a chance at prizes, etc...

Joe Greene HOF 87
th_meanjoe_zps601919cb.jpg
Don't know if I'll go to any others(Tomlinson, Brown, Campbell, etc attending some later in the year) but it was a lot of fun for an overcast Sunday.
Thanks for reading
Chris

Last edited:
thanks Nic..ya, i think Chi and, NC and Cali have them..I would have figured something in Det would go down.

How on Earth did I miss this posting! That is one amazing day! Congrats, Chris! I know I'm dating myself here, but I got to see Eric run the ball in high school. I knew then he was going to be something special. Really nice guy, too.