TV or Radio ?

porkchops

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
When your listening to the game(your favorite team)which announcers do you prefer ........ the TV or radio booth guys?
I'm a Phillies fan and for me the TV guys are good , but the radio team is much more entertaining .
Ever turn the sound down on the TV and listen to the game on radio ......... I have ,
Ken

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I used to do this when Herb Score was calling the Indians games when I was kid. Brings back great memories.

bluewatertrader

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I very rarely watch baseball on TV much more exciting listening to it on the radio especially listening to Pirate announcer Greg Brown one day he is going to go totally nuts
Clear the deck Cannonball coming and Raise the Jolly Roger Pirates win Pirates win according to Greg Brown every win is the greatest win by pirates

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
As a kid I would listen to the '70s Dodgers on my dad's transistor radio with Vin Scully's play-by-play and when that is what you know, anything else is hard pressed to be on that level....

anglinomics

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Back in the day of Jack Buck on radio for the Cardinals, it was common for Cardinal fans to listen to the radio with the tv sound off.

brewerfan34

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Tough call. For the Brewers Bob Uecker is one of the staples of baseball and brings great humor to the radio broadcast. However for health reasons he has scaled back how much booth time he takes on. His subs at times are just unlistenable.

On the television side Brian Anderson is fantastic. I am honestly surprised he has stayed in the Milwaukee market for as long as he has. The last few seasons he has been called to do national games so he hasn't been announcing much either. His main fill in has been Badger broadcaster Matt Lepay, who does fine on baseball but really his heart is in college athletics.

My family used to watch Packer games with the TV turned down when Jim and Max did the radio. Now with the different delays that radio and TV use it just doesn't make sense.

JJLevitsky

MVP
5.00 star(s)
While Jerry Remy does some good color for the Red Sox on NESN, overall I prefer the radio crew at WEEI.

I actually prefer the Red Sox TV guys. I am going to miss Don Orsillo next year but I am sure Dave O'Brien will be great. I just hope they don't give us more Eckersley in the TV booth. I would probably switch to the radio guys if he ever goes full time on color commentary for them.

Thanks,

Jeff

metsman1986

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Howie Rose and Josh Lewin on WOR 710...........Radio and TV don't jive together; Mets are rarely on in Memphis, TN...........Lousy Cardinals, Braves and Reds we get killed with down here............