Unusual request for help

scc76

5.00 star(s)
This summer I am going on a road trip to the Northeast. I have 3 bucket lists. One is to attend a baseball game at each of the major league teams. So I plan on attending a game of the Pirates, Blue Jays, Yankees, Mets, Red Sox,
Phillies, Nationals, and Orioles. Two is I am going to visit 8 states that I have never visited before. These are Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, and New Jersey. My last bucket list is I have a National Park Service Passport book that list places in every state of American treasures. There are five of the states that I listed as not having ever visited that only has one site in the passport book. So I
plan to visit each one of those. Maine has 3 but I plan on seeing all of them since this is the furtherest state from me
and I don't know if I will ever get a chance to visit again. Any other passport stamps I am able to get will be a bonus.
I have attended a game in 13 of the major league parks. I have visited 41 of the states so if I can get this 8 that will leave Hawaii.

So my request for help is this. If any of you know good places to stay, eat, ways to get to these ball parks, means of transportation, or any hints how to manage this trip any easier I sure would appreciate it. I would really love to hear from anybody that could get me into and out of New York. I have worried so much about this part that I have not really zeroed in on any of the others.

Thanks in advance.

Stanley

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
WOW....I thought my trip in June/July was a biggie, yours is HUGE....although I have never visited that part of the states, I can't help you...Have a great time....

I also have the passport book for the National Parks...Did you know that Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball also have Passport stamps and books?: https://mlbballparkpassport.com/

When I go to the ballgames though, I just use the blank pages in the back of National Parks Passport book to get stamped...also I keep score at all games I attend and get that scorecard stamped also

Have a great trip
Robert

scc76

5.00 star(s)
WOW....I thought my trip in June/July was a biggie, yours is HUGE....although I have never visited that part of the states, I can't help you...Have a great time....

I also have the passport book for the National Parks...Did you know that Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball also have Passport stamps and books?: https://mlbballparkpassport.com/

When I go to the ballgames though, I just use the blank pages in the back of National Parks Passport book to get stamped...also I keep score at all games I attend and get that scorecard stamped also

Have a great trip
Robert

I had bought the smaller passport book several years ago. So I have visited another 25 to 30 national parks that I don't have stamped in my big passport book which I bought this past summer. Since then I have gotten all the sites in 4 states stamped. I have completed Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Kentucky.

When we visited California it was to see Joshua Tree NP. So I will have to save my money after this trip and try and make it out there again next year because I have yet to see a game of any of the California teams.

No I didn't know that baseball had a passport book and I reckon that is a good thing. What I always do is get me a scorecard and keep score. I do it in pen and my goal is to have a perfect scorecard. This is one that I have failed on so far as I always make some kind of mistake. Another thing I always do is buy me one of the home team hats. I put my Rangers and Astros hats in such a secure place that now I can't find them. So now I reckon I
am going to have to attend another one of their games to get my hat.

Maybe you will have some hints for me next year if I am indeed able to save up enough to get out there.

Thanks Stanley

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
I do it in pen and my goal is to have a perfect scorecard. This is one that I have failed on so far as I always make some kind of mistake.

Thanks Stanley

That is hilarious...I do the same exact thing...out of my six scorebooks that are filled, I think I've been perfect twice not more than that though....From the Major League games I get a baseball that I have my wife pick out, so they are different designs (coolest one I have is a San Francisco Giants ball without the hide of the ball just has the twine and red stiching with the Giants logo on it...The Minor League games I go to I get a plain white ball with the team logo on it (those Minor League logos are pretty cool).

I'm about an hour from Joshua Tree.

Rank of the Best Stadiums in California in my opinion:

San Francisco (beautiful stadium...sit high on first base side, great views)
San Diego (just a great ball park)
Los Angeles Dodgers (The History)
Oakland (Little more history to see here, I didn't think it was all bad to see a game here)
Los Angeles Angels (not much there to see, other than the game)

Anyhow....let me know when you plan on coming out here, I will try to give some info about places....I've been to all Minor League parks in Cali also

scc76

5.00 star(s)
That is hilarious...I do the same exact thing...out of my six scorebooks that are filled, I think I've been perfect twice not more than that though....From the Major League games I get a baseball that I have my wife pick out, so they are different designs (coolest one I have is a San Francisco Giants ball without the hide of the ball just has the twine and red stiching with the Giants logo on it...The Minor League games I go to I get a plain white ball with the team logo on it (those Minor League logos are pretty cool).

I'm about an hour from Joshua Tree.

Rank of the Best Stadiums in California in my opinion:

San Francisco (beautiful stadium...sit high on first base side, great views)
San Diego (just a great ball park)
Los Angeles Dodgers (The History)
Oakland (Little more history to see here, I didn't think it was all bad to see a game here)
Los Angeles Angels (not much there to see, other than the game)

Anyhow....let me know when you plan on coming out here, I will try to give some info about places....I've been to all Minor League parks in Cali also

When we visited Joshua Tree I had also wanted to attend one of the Padres games. But my wife was tired and ready to head for home. We had visited the 9 National Parks in Utah and Colorado and Petrified Forest in Arizona so she was ready to head for home. But I was finally able to convince her that we were so close and California was the last state out west that we had not visited so made another state and national park.

And I will most surely keep you in mind as next year gets closer.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
If you decide to hit San Francisco Giants (normally if u stay in downtown its about a 25 to 35 minute walk to the stadium) in Ca.....you can also take a Bart train to the Oakland McAfee Stadium at this time....I think Oakland is planning on moving to a new Stadium in 2022. Same can be done with if u vist the Los Angeles Dodgers....theres a Amtrak Train in Downtown Los Angeles which u can take and it drops u off behind Anaheim Angels stadium. In San Francisco...theres a Japanese Restaurant called Domjima Ann at 219 O'Farrell St. 415-956-0838 Mon-Sun 11:00 am to 10:00 pm ....The Salmon Teriyaki was outstanding...I normally stay in downtown SF about four days....I eat at the Domjima Ann about 3 times! Best regards, David

Last edited:

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Stanley - that sounds like an amazing trip!! We are planning on hitting Baltimore/DC/Philly for games this summer - with some bonus time in DC & Philly at museums.

I think a lot of "ease of travel to ballparks" will be in where you end up deciding to stay in each of the cities. Baltimore has tons of options in terms of hotels - you can stay in the Inner Harbor and walk to games or stay outside the city and take the light rail right to the front door of Camden Yards. Philadelphia is a bit different in that the stadium isn't sitting in the city, it is out and away from everything, although they have built up the area around it a bit. Hopefully all the great members here on The Bench will be able to help you out when you are visiting their neck of the woods.

With that said - if you are planning on crossing Gettysburg off your National Parks list - let me know, can give you a great insiders tour of all the best spots to see and eat at - haunted or otherwise.