Using paypal as a gift is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
If you are using paypal as a gift to avoid the fees, that is the same thing as stealing. For the buyer who does this, they also have no recourse if the sale goes wrong. Those are the facts, use at your own risk.

criollos

5.00 star(s)
I agree. We had a thread started a couple of months ago over this same issue, and a few traders here decided to write it down in our signature that we don't send Paypal Gifts for cards we are buying.

opcfan

5.00 star(s)
I agree. We had a thread started a couple of months ago over this same issue, and a few traders here decided to write it down in our signature that we don't send Paypal Gifts for cards we are buying.

I decided not to continue doing it as Paypal sent a nasty letter to a fellow cancelling his Paypal account. It just not worth it for the few pennies you save.

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
Yeah well I think the fees are much more then they should be. They have there hands in your pockets all the time. For it to be resvered once in a while is not a crime. Besides they are a problem to deal with. They once sent me a e-mail saying I bought a car worth $1600.00 bucks. To my dissmay I asked for proof?

I asked them to prove it to me and they never did. They suspended me for no reason at all. Not only did they never prove I purchased said car. But they just sent me a e-mail with no apology nothing saying I was reinstated. Since then I told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Talk about the KGB they were judge and jury convicted me for nothing at all. So if they are not committing a crime them so be it.

mdhollenbergs

5.00 star(s)
Actually, Paypal as a gift is not necessarily avoiding fees. When I have used it, I have used my credit card to send the money. There are fees for using your credit card even though it is a "gift". The difference is that the sender incurs the fees, not the receiver. I don't see how that is stealing. When you receive as a gift, do you know how the sender paid for it or whether or not they incurred any fees? Just curious. I'm new, so I can be open minded about it.

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
Yeah well I think the fees are much more then they should be. They have there hands in your pockets all the time. For it to be resvered once in a while is not a crime. Besides they are a problem to deal with. They once sent me a e-mail saying I bought a car worth $1600.00 bucks. To my dissmay I asked for proof?

I asked them to prove it to me and they never did. They suspended me for no reason at all. Not only did they never prove I purchased said car. But they just sent me a e-mail with no apology nothing saying I was reinstated. Since then I told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Talk about the KGB they were judge and jury convicted me for nothing at all. So if they are not committing a crime them so be it.

No offense, but they are a private site providing a service. YOU agreed to thier terms when you clicked on that button when you joined the site. If you don't like their fee policy, leave. Plain and simple. I did that for a few years myself.
No sense complaining about something that you agreed to (actually EVERY Ebay user agreed to). If you don't like the fees, don't use thier service. At the same time you forfeit the right to complain about it. They are not required by ANYONE to explain thier policies. They fixed a loophole in thier system when they started enforcing the Paypal Gift abuses. Doesn't that remind you of Beckett when they fixed the backdoor to getting pricing without paying for the service?

JMHO.

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
Yes I agreed to there terms for sure. But you know gonzofan I didn't agree to being harassed over a car I didn't even purchase. Or that they couldn't even prove I bought. So no offense taken but that is complete and total nonsense. Then they say I am okay to do business again, with out saying they were sorry for the false accusations? So I should not be offended by total encompetence. You feel the way you want but don't tell me how I should feel pal. It was a disgace the way I was treated agree or not I don't care. So I don't use them any more and for good reasons.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Yes I agreed to there terms for sure. But you know gonzofan I didn't agree to being harassed over a car I didn't even purchase. Or that they couldn't even prove I bought. So no offense taken but that is complete and total nonsense. Then they say I am okay to do business again, with out saying they were sorry for the false accusations? So I should not be offended by total encompetence. You feel the way you want but don't tell me how I should feel pal. It was a disgace the way I was treated agree or not I don't care. So I don't use them any more and for good reasons.

Seems to me you just like to start drama with the way you talk to people. jflan702 (that is his user name and not gonzofan) was stating an opinion, how was he trying to tell you how to feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.