Usps

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I'd guess I've averaged an online trade a week for the last 20 years and I have never lost a package (either incoming or outgoing)in that long time period. Sometimes they takke longer to get to their destination but they have always gotten there. Slow mailing times falls under the category of "First World Problems" and as long as the USPS des not lose my package or damage it, I have nothing to whine about.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I'd guess I've averaged an online trade a week for the last 20 years and I have never lost a package (either incoming or outgoing)in that long time period. Sometimes they takke longer to get to their destination but they have always gotten there. Slow mailing times falls under the category of "First World Problems" and as long as the USPS des not lose my package or damage it, I have nothing to whine about.

Jeff, well said, it is hard to be patient when you are waiting for something fun that you enjoy, but I too have never had a trade or purchase not show up at all, so I am hopeful that my streak continues! I often wondered how many of my old TTM requests are still out there in some dead letter file somewhere!! Once in a while I will see someone post something that came back after 7 -10 years, which is incredible, thank God for Forever stamps!!

Blessings,

Kevin

2000Doubles

5.00 star(s)
I moved in January from IL to AZ. While in IL I never had a package lost and have been trading online since I joined in 2011. My very last package I sent out while in IL, had this issue where it just stopped updating in early December. Knowing that it would take a bit of time before I would get resettled in AZ, I offered the seller a refund as I didn't want them to believe I was ignoring the issue. 2 months later it magically got scanned again and ended up being delivered (unfortunately, the buyer ignored my messages, have to love FB sales).

At the moment I have 4 packages since June now that are in Limbo, one I sent and 3 that i was supposed to receive. I still hope things work out, but what took 9 years and one out of thousands to happen in 4 out of hundreds, not a good sign. (please note, a delay is fine and expected in these circumstances, its when they fall off the grid that is demoralizing as there is nothing I can do but hope it works out)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Just mailed out more bubble envelopes.......this was highlighted on the CPU Postal Station print out: Due to limited transportation availability as a result of nationwide COVID-19 impacts package delivery times may be extended. Priority Mail Express service will not change.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I had a feel it was due to the virus....my mailman...said no...but he was wrong....hopefully....the mail with be their tomorrow morning....as nothing as of 8:20 PM today..

Last edited:

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Yesterday....saw our mailman or woman....driving back to the station....however, they did not finish the route...I figured going back for more stuff as it was about 6:00 PM.......checked mail at 8:15 PM...nothing...checked this morning nothing......we'll see what happens today...if they cut off of their route....should be quite a bit of mail today. Best regards, David

2000Doubles

5.00 star(s)
David, I will try and find the article, but read that they stopped OT. As a result once the mail carriers hits their shift time they are done for the day and any mail that doesn't get delivered will be delayed until the next mailing day. So that may have been what happened to your mail carrier.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
David, I will try and find the article, but read that they stopped OT. As a result once the mail carriers hits their shift time they are done for the day and any mail that doesn't get delivered will be delayed until the next mailing day. So that may have been what happened to your mail carrier.

Their shift time ends at 8:00 PM....not 6:00 PM... Plus the facts that whoever is delivery the mail is doing a poor job....not scanning the packages the last few weeks...seems to me that its someone new has taken over the route....Regular mailman could be on vacation. Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
My candy snacks was out for delivery today......but....its probably in the mail box......they never scanned it as being delivery.... hurt foot...so I'll wait till tomorrow to get it. Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Will pick up the mail for monday and tuesday....tomorrow morning........plus mailing out a few bills and trades in pwe....Best regards, David

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
How can a maleman be a woman?

Back in the day a maleman used to be a high testosterone mail carrier like the Pony Express. These days.........who knows?

After posting I had not lost a shipment in 20 years of online trading, it looks like the most niexpensive shipment I have ever done was lost. I mailed a common 1998-99 Fleer Basketball card via PWE as a freebie to someone on the West Coast in early July and it never arrived. Oh well, that streak was long overdue to be snapped so I certainly not complain Thankfully the two Jim Brown cards arrived in quick time last week because if those went MIA, I really would have been bummed.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Looks like the new guy in charge of the USPS is the reason for the slow mail........not putting the sorting machines that were out back into service. Removing the blue mail boxes....Best regards, David

PRosefan1

5.00 star(s)
Mail has been unreliable at best lately. Had a guy send me two PWE on back to back days. The second one got here in 4 days. The first one he sent took over two weeks. Tearing out sorting machines all over the country aren't helping much. Hope my meds show up next week like they're supposed too.