Usps

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Mail has been unreliable at best lately. Had a guy send me two PWE on back to back days. The second one got here in 4 days. The first one he sent took over two weeks. Tearing out sorting machines all over the country aren't helping much. Hope my meds show up next week like they're supposed too.
I like getting my meds by ordering by phone (high blood pressure).....I do a lot of mailing and ordering by mail...so back in about the 2 week in July when I start this post....I knew something as wrong...now everyone knows...thanks to the hearings going on....taking out the blue mail boxes and taking out sorting machines and not replacing them or fixing them.....now everyone knows why everything is slow...trying to get the people mad with the USPS when New guy is charge is trying to get them shut down for good. Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
There it is for all to see.....Defiant postmaster general say he won't restore sorting machines. Best regards, David

PRosefan1

5.00 star(s)
My insurance requires me to get 90 day supplies for maintenance drugs through the mail. Saves them money I guess. And this postmaster general is a joke from everything I've been reading.

3greyhounds

5.00 star(s)
Went to get what mail I could at the PO holding mail for our area (Tony, it’s Watsonville PO if you hadn’t heard) and they refused to give me my first class packages - said “we’re not doing packages right now”. Said they had “thousands” of packages back there - I guess they figure they’ll deliver themselves.

So those of you who sent me packages with tracking... I don’t know when I’ll get them and be able to close our working trades, but please bear with me.

And I agree... this guy DeJoy is a clown.

Thanks,
Dan

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Some people actually believe him (DeJoy).....we don't need them (sorting machines)...but major company, small business and traders who use the mail system.....you can tell its differents.....its slower and my bubble envelopes with trackers.....use to show.....delivered to main postal office down town Fresno 93706. Then the next day it would be delivered to my post office at 93705 and then it would be out for delivery. Now it shows delivered to 93706...and it would sit there for as much as 5 days....and then delivery to 93705 for delivery that day. Best regards, David

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Now Dejoy is in trouble......Their looking into his former business....and charges may be coming. Best regards, David

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
So, I have a tale of two trades. As SynphonicMetal had stated, I've been trading online for a decade and had minimal issues pre-COVID. I think there were 2 PWE's that were\are MIA, but that is a statistically insignificant number. Two recent trades have been a different story. 1 was incoming from Indiana to Kentucky. There was a scan saying it arrived in my city, then nothing. A call to USPS accomplished nothing, but I was advised to put in a missing mail case from the USPS website. I did that and lo and behold, the package showed up undamaged about a week later. Another was an outgoing trade to PR, tracking showed it picked up at the local distribution center, then nothing for about 3 weeks. I entered another missing mail case with USPS and a couple days later, there was a scan of the package in MA, again , KY was the state of origin. A couple of days after that the member received their trade.

If my small sample size has anything to say about the matter, then if something has gone beyond 7-10 days past the expected delivery date, enter a case @ https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm 3. Submit a Missing Mail Search Request and it is possible that they will track it down.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
So, I have a tale of two trades. As SynphonicMetal had stated, I've been trading online for a decade and had minimal issues pre-COVID. I think there were 2 PWE's that were\are MIA, but that is a statistically insignificant number. Two recent trades have been a different story. 1 was incoming from Indiana to Kentucky. There was a scan saying it arrived in my city, then nothing. A call to USPS accomplished nothing, but I was advised to put in a missing mail case from the USPS website. I did that and lo and behold, the package showed up undamaged about a week later. Another was an outgoing trade to PR, tracking showed it picked up at the local distribution center, then nothing for about 3 weeks. I entered another missing mail case with USPS and a couple days later, there was a scan of the package in MA, again , KY was the state of origin. A couple of days after that the member received their trade.

If my small sample size has anything to say about the matter, then if something has gone beyond 7-10 days past the expected delivery date, enter a case @ https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm 3. Submit a Missing Mail Search Request and it is possible that they will track it down.

Very helpful, Rob, thanks, I did not know that was a feature, but will use that in the future if need be! I have not experienced the problems that other people seem to be encountering at the moment, and I am very grateful that I am not! We live in Southern Illinois, so we do not have the volume of mail that folks in larger areas have of course. God willing it keeps on rolling in!

Blessings,

Kevin

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
My recent experiences have been quite the opposite. Oddly enough two of my recent three mailings were to recent posters Kevin and Rob! I mailed a package last week to Kevin going from NY to Illinois and it arrived 1 day early. Kevin's mailing to me came right on schedule. The week before I mailed 2 packages from NY to Arizona and KY (To Rob) and the respective traders mailed to me on the same day. My package to Arizona got there in 2 days (1 day early) and the package from KY got to me 1 day early. My mailings to KY and from AZ arrived to their respective destinations right on time.

Outside of the 1 PWE I sent with a common card in it I still have not lost a shipment in 20 years of Internet tradeing. The only area I have consistant problems with is shipping to Michigan. For a variety of reasons that area has been a problem both during and Pre pandemmic. Packages from Michigan get here quickly but my outgoing ones take forever.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Interesting....people with so few trades are saying...no problems...wonder which party their in........I have more trades/buys/sells...then most members. Best regards, David

Last edited:

David K.

5.00 star(s)
This coming Monday...will be mailing out about 6 PWE and 2 bubble envelopes......mail inside of CA is about normal....but going in and out going much slower....Best regards, David

Cpia

5.00 star(s)
It's not just the post office.Fedex too! I ordered bubble mailers(100ct) on August 31. I still haven't received it saying it will be here Tuesday. From what I read about Fedex they partnered with USPS in a process called Fedex Slow mail. Somehow Fedex takes it a certain distance and hands it off to the Post office to deliver....Something is definitely wrong.Hope it gets fixed.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It's not just the post office.Fedex too! I ordered bubble mailers(100ct) on August 31. I still haven't received it saying it will be here Tuesday. From what I read about Fedex they partnered with USPS in a process called Fedex Slow mail. Somehow Fedex takes it a certain distance and hands it off to the Post office to deliver....Something is definitely wrong.Hope it gets fixed.

That has been around for years. To save costs, FedEx will only take a package so far, once it reaches certain places, it is turned over to the USPS for the final home delivery.

And side note to all in this thread -- please keep the thread on topic of USPS delivery, not the politics of why/how. Other sites allow for political discussion, The Bench is not one of them. Thanks in advance for cooperation.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Love how a person becomes an expert with so few trades! Please don't post and act like nothing wrong.......just drink your kool aid. Best regards, David

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
That has been around for years. To save costs, FedEx will only take a package so far, once it reaches certain places, it is turned over to the USPS for the final home delivery.

And side note to all in this thread -- please keep the thread on topic of USPS delivery, not the politics of why/how. Other sites allow for political discussion, The Bench is not one of them. Thanks in advance for cooperation.
I am having a hard time figuring just what the purpose of this thread is. Is it to compare how long it takes for a person to receive mail?