Vacation Help~

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
Im looking to take my family on a small 2-3 day break this summer, and I am looking at Cedar Point in Sandusky ,Ohio. I was wondering if any of my fellow Benchies had ever been there and if it would be worth the trip. Its only about 5 hour from me so it wouldnt be a bad drive.I live in the southern tip of Ohio ,so if anyone has any other suggestion lmk. We havent done much vacationing in the past few years so I wanted to do this as a surprise for the wife and kids. My kids are 18 and 16. Thanks in advance for any help. And Im not looking for anything over a 4-5 hour drive.
Peace out and trade on !
Randy

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
It has been a while but I thought Cedar Point was great. if your family likes roller coasters then this is the park for you. I would definetely recommend going.

Have fun!!

Bryon

Trishlp

5.00 star(s)
Never been there myself but have had co-workers go there who love it and go back every year. They said the roller coasters are awesome.

Brettfan

5.00 star(s)
Cedar Point is great (if you like that sort of thing)! I would plan on being there two days. My sister-in-law and I took 9 of our kids and nieces and nephews last year. It was SO hot those two days but we stayed at one of the hotels on site and went back and forth between the hotel and park to cool off. After we split it amongst all of us it was pretty reasonable as the rooms came with tickets. Food was outrageously expensive! Subway foot-long combo was over $20. The prices at TGIG in the park were doubled. We did find a couple of vendors running hot dog, brat or burger specials for $5. If you can I would bring breakfast stuff to eat before entering the park and go outside the park for dinner.

However, if you have roller coaster enthusiasts in the bunch they are going to LOVE Cedar Point. Our favorite was Millenium Force and the line moved pretty fast. Didn't go on the Top Thrill Dragter but a bunch of our kids did and they said that it wasn't worth the wait. We hit a couple of the shows to rest our feet and cool off and they were pretty good.

If you decide to go, have fun. Your kids should love it.

Take Care,
Melissa

Utleyfan

4.90 star(s)
My siblings went there but I never personally have... they told me it was a lot of fun and the rollercoasters were a blaster. Esp. the Dragster ;)

chieftazmisty

5.00 star(s)
Im looking to take my family on a small 2-3 day break this summer, and I am looking at Cedar Point in Sandusky ,Ohio. I was wondering if any of my fellow Benchies had ever been there and if it would be worth the trip. Its only about 5 hour from me so it wouldnt be a bad drive.I live in the southern tip of Ohio ,so if anyone has any other suggestion lmk. We havent done much vacationing in the past few years so I wanted to do this as a surprise for the wife and kids. My kids are 18 and 16. Thanks in advance for any help. And Im not looking for anything over a 4-5 hour drive.
Peace out and trade on !
Randy

Hey Mr Randy
I do Have an Idea for you. When you come to Pgh in Aug for our game. You could bring them along and take them to Kennywood park It is in my opinion a little better than Cedar Point. The Roller coasters are really the best Old time wooden ones at one time all 4 were rated in the Top 10 of Coasters Plus there is a lot of other stuff in and around Pgh to see and do. Idewild Park, Museum. The Zoo is really great. There is Fort Ligoner from French and Indian war. Just a thought old buddy
Later
Tom

Last edited:

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Randy - You have the greatest amusement park in the world right in your backyard, why travel all the way to Sandusky?? Unless you are just wanting a change of scenery. We LOVE KI, but I have been to CP and it was pretty cool also.

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
Randy - You have the greatest amusement park in the world right in your backyard, why travel all the way to Sandusky?? Unless you are just wanting a change of scenery. We LOVE KI, but I have been to CP and it was pretty cool also.

Travel a couple of hours further north and meet a Bench Buddy, ME!

Tal

Tim
Been to KI many times and yes I wanted to do something different.

Tal
If I had more time I would love to do that. Maybe I could do it on another trip.

Thanks all for your great help. My wife and daughter love coaster .

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
I live only a 45 minutes away from there but we would always stock a cooler with beverages and subs,chips.It's been a few years since I been there but you were able to leave and come back so we would just chow down in the parking lot,.
Try the fries there too,..they are great.Me personally have never rode the Magnum or Raptor,..to scary for me !!

Have fun !!

Last edited:

dale

5.00 star(s)
I've been to many amusement parks, and I would rank Cedar Point above all of them. Lots of things to do and some of the best roller coasters anywhere. MUCH better than Kings Island in my opinion. You'll have some long waits at times though, especially on a Saturday. The Drag Racing one will blow your mind and is over in less than a minute, but is definitely worth it. And there are still a couple of the rickety old ones too.