Venting

STLSHOEMAN

5.00 star(s)
There are few things that more than when someone posts a thread and then never come back to check on it. I understand that some people have more time on their hands than others. But if you found the time to create the thread in the first place , the least you can do is respond to anyone that took the time to look for the cards you need. I've found the problem to be even worse on SCF.

On a side note, has anyone heard from redzfan11? I posted a trade on 7/25 and he never confirmed. That's the last time he was on. I tried to email him but got no answer. I hope he's ok. If anyone knows Stephen and has some info, please lmk. Thanks for letting me rant. Aaron

criollos

5.00 star(s)
I hear you. I have a list of about 6-8 traders I will stay away from since they don’t reply to post on their threads or even private messages. Nothing you can do but keep away from them.

cjay101

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I’ve been on both sides of this over the years. Life is crazy, especially working 365 days a year and having two boys. I’ve also posted replies to people that took a lot of ‘calculating’ time and never got a response or was ignored. It’s just the ebb and flow of being online with real people. For anyone I’ve spurned, I apologize.

Rhubarb_Runner

5.00 star(s)
I wouldn't outright call out someone, because I could easily see creating a thread and then forgetting to subscribe to it to get notifications!

But you're right -- a courtesy "No thank you." reply is better than ignoring a post completely.

dan5

5.00 star(s)
Something I've noticed is that if someone doesn't like a trade offer they just ignore it instead of responding.

I've always been someone who's willing to negotiate trades to both parties liking but it seems a lot of people aren't like that. They ax the whole deal if they don't like the initial offer.

t.rooster

4.90 star(s)
Something I've noticed is that if someone doesn't like a trade offer they just ignore it instead of responding.

I've always been someone who's willing to negotiate trades to both parties liking but it seems a lot of people aren't like that. They ax the whole deal if they don't like the initial offer.

Dan, you sound like my kind of guy! The other thing that happens when someone doesn't respond to their threads or pms is that person is disregarding the time it takes the other trader to go through a person's want list and check it with what they have. That takes time and it's aggravating to not get a response.

dan5

5.00 star(s)
Dan, you sound like my kind of guy! The other thing that happens when someone doesn't respond to their threads or pms is that person is disregarding the time it takes the other trader to go through a person's want list and check it with what they have. That takes time and it's aggravating to not get a response.

Yes, I've wasted a lot of time over the years looking at peoples lists!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I will throw up my hand right now -- totally guilty of this lately. I get a free moment, try and get some wants posted, etc., and than end up being sucked back down the rabbit hole of life before being able to wrap anything up.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything changing in my life for the next 2+ months that will allow me to be any better at it......

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
This all boils down to etiquette! Good manners are a thing of the past, ESPECIALLY online! I am often frustrated by others' lack of courtesy to simply post "no thanks" or some sort of quick response indicating that you will pass on something. I try to show the courtesy that I hope others will extend as well, and I hope we can all model that going forward! Life happens, everyone understands that, but the lack of courtesy is very widespread!

Blessings,

Kevin

PRosefan1

5.00 star(s)
I thought you were automatically subscribed to your own post. No wonder why I never get notifications on my threads. I just thought it was a bug on the site. Where is this subscribe button?

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I always pull the cards ...put them in top loader with a rubber band around......that way I know its for a possible trade...but having said that I'm starting to slip....and forgot to go back to a previous post for a possible trade...so if I offended anyone...I'm sorry. Best regards, David PS I checked out the SCF and very little trading.....

David K.

5.00 star(s)
And what the heck? Why is everyone looking at my profile? Theres nothing there..no link to my trading site...I don't have one and yet I have over 10,507 trades/buys/sales on the Bench! I have almost 52,000 looks in 13 years. Look somewhere else! LOL : ) Best regards, David

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
I have probably done this a few times, and if so I apologize. I find that I get a start on something, for instance, Topps needs, Puckett needs, or trade list and then dont finish it. I am sure we would all like to devote every second to the hobby but that isn't the case. Am taking a step back and once all lists are verified then will start to reconnect

Rhubarb_Runner

5.00 star(s)
And what the heck? Why is everyone looking at my profile? Theres nothing there..no link to my trading site...I don't have one and yet I have over 10,507 trades/buys/sales on the Bench! I have almost 52,000 looks in 13 years. Look somewhere else! LOL : ) Best regards, David

If for instance I wanted to see all the threads you started in order to find a specific one, I would have to go to your profile to do that. Also, if I were waiting for a reply from you and hadn't seen you online in a while I might go to your profile to see when you were last logged on. It is a LITTLE useful ;)

Rhubarb_Runner

5.00 star(s)
I thought you were automatically subscribed to your own post. No wonder why I never get notifications on my threads. I just thought it was a bug on the site. Where is this subscribe button?

Right at the top bar above the thread are a few options including "Thread Tools" -- here you will find the subscribe option. I always use instantly via email.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
If for instance I wanted to see all the threads you started in order to find a specific one, I would have to go to your profile to do that. Also, if I were waiting for a reply from you and hadn't seen you online in a while I might go to your profile to see when you were last logged on. It is a LITTLE useful ;)

Those are exactly the reasons that I will take a look at profiles - if I know who started a thread, it is easier to just look at a profile than search through the pages of threads.

This thread is one of the reasons I liked the old chat room -- could have immediate, direct contact with a member and hammer out a deal in minutes. We also had scheduled trade nights once a month for folks to make deals. It was something that I could put on the calendar and plan for. With the way things are with me right now, I will be on today, will try to re-start some trade talks, but if they don't get done while I am on today, it may be another week or so until I am able to focus again on cards/trades.

bbctrader

5.00 star(s)
Agree with all and I too am guilty. Sometimes life, work, sickness get in the way. And lately being a little frustrated (different word) at Topps is not helping.