What does your name mean?

bombie1138

5.00 star(s)
Hi all,
I've been told that I am a little weird but I always look at peoples name here and wonder what it means, and why they have choosen it.
I see some people pick their own given name,but some people I haven't a clue what it means.
So I was just throwing this thread out there to see if anyone wants to explain what it means,..could be fun.

Me first,..Bombie1138

Bombie is my life long nickname given to me by my Mom.I was named after
my Father so having two 'Clint's' around the house was one two many.
The number 1138 comes from George Lucas's first movie THX1138.

Clint

rotorob

5.00 star(s)
Good subject, Clint.

I used to sit in on a local radio station called "Wayne's World of Baseball" hosted by one of our newer benchies, espnwayne. I gave the fantasy baseball update so he combined my name (Robert) with roto baseball and rotorob was born.

mm1sub

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I was a machinest mate first class petty officer in the US Navy and was stationed on a submarine, the USS Hartford, when I joined the site. So I chose mm1sub.

RGBII

5.00 star(s)
RGBII

My initials. I know, how boring and unoriginal.

Like the topic, though. Actually, Richard means
"strong king", and is Gaelic in origin.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Jaybo374

5.00 star(s)
Jay - my first name (actually nickname for James)
bo - first syllable of my last name, Bohannon
374 - my po box #

dbarbos1

5.00 star(s)
Mine is boring also:
d- my first initial
barbos- first 6 letters on my last name
1- sounded better than dbarbos2
I usually have the screen name "StinkoDeMayo" but I wanted to look more professional on this web site. Nobody would want to trade with "Stinko"

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Tim = my first name
fsu = my favorite college team (Go 'Noles!)
2K = I signed up for my first online account in 2000 so I kept the year in my name

djbjinflorida

5.00 star(s)
djbjinflorida

Danny Jordan Betty Jordan in Florida

When I first started buying and selling on Ebay in 97 my wife and I bought and sold antiques so the name is from both of us - have used it for 13 years on everything online.

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
fatboycardcards
well If you saw any of my pics I posted with I went to Pittsburgh then you know where the fatboy came from and of course I like cards lol

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
I read once that Meliah was the name for the all night ritual that some Indian tribes would do before a war to pump themselves into a frenzy for battle. Have not been able to find any information on that since though so I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Also, there was a good death metal band out of Boston in the late 80's called Meliah Rage.

r5-grnd-pndr

5.00 star(s)
R5-grnd-pndr---

R5 is the region that I fight fire in for the US Forest Service. Ground pounders are what the grunts on the ground are called who actuall dig fire line around the fire.

Trader Rich

5.00 star(s)
I used to buy fresh organic produce for a natural food store. One of my clients thought I was a good horse trader :D ;) :rolleyes: . So he called me Trader Rich.:cool:
When I joined the bench, I thought that would be an appropriate name.

Rich

greyminis

5.00 star(s)
I decided on mine because it let's everyone know my biggest collecting goal, which is to finish my 2005 Topps Cracker Jack grey mini set which I started as soon as they were released and have been patiently chipping away ever since. There are 250 different cards in the set and they're all numbered to only 25 and I currently need just seven more:

10 Giles
29 Nevin
147 Mulder
151 Konerko
187 Valdez
207 Powell
208 Nielsen

Finishing the set would be awesome, though I sometimes am not sure if it is possible.

sandman43103

5.00 star(s)
sandman43103

sandman=nickname from high school football team
43=April 3, the day in 1998 my wife asked me to marry her
103=Oct 3, the day we married.