What is Bench Points?

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Points is a rating system for "THE BENCH" members. For every completed trade/sale you get 1 point.

Points for each member can be viewed in the members list(located on top by the site logo), or you can click on a screen name and the total points will be in the members profile.

A trade or sale must take place for the Points to be awarded. It does not matter how small the trade or sale is as long as cards or money for cards is being exchanged.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Points are give for successful trades/sales.

Once you agree on a trade/sale, go to the ongoing trade section and post it there (check out any post in there for an example). When each trader gets their cards they need to reply to the post stating their end of the deal is complete. They key is that both members need to reply for the points to be awarded, communication is a must and that's what we are trying to get members to do. We don't want to just trade cards, let's make some new freinds too.

Once the trade is complete and both of you have replied. I take care of the rest, it's won't be an done automatically but you will get your points.

The Point system is just to have someway of knowing who your dealing with. If someone has a decent amout of points, when you make a trade with them you should have nothing to worry about.

kinggeorge27

I usually make trades where I trade lots of things for other lots. So basically I can inflate my bench points by breaking down the trade into many different posts, i.e. smaller trades. That's what I see going on, I guess I should've been doing that the whole time.

Matt Studinski

5.00 star(s)
How long does it take to get points? I have completed a few trades on here with both people replying and have only recieved one point. Also, how do trades get moved from ongoing to completed?

A PM reponse would be sufficient if it should go that way

Thanks

Matt

JJLevitsky

5.00 star(s)
Point awards

Along the lines of what Haster was asking - I have 3 or 4 completed trades but no points. When will I see the points with my name?

Thanks,

Jeff

Mark Wing

5.00 star(s)
I am not sure, but I believe Peter does the Bench Points in couple steps. He moves the trades into completed trades and updates his tally. He then updates the Bench Points. You probably caught him between steps one and two. He will get to it. Keep in mind, he does this in his free time. I wouldn't want the task.

Mark

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Yes, everyone needs to understand this is a hobby for me not a full time job. So I get to it when I can, I try not to burn myself out so just sit bacj and relax. They are all accounted for and only one person is responsible for handing out the BP's.

You can't redeem them for anything it's only a feedback tally.

Thanks,
Peter

teamsets4u.com

5.00 star(s)
New to using this site and trying to understand how this one works.
With the Bench points,if a trade goes bad do you loss bench points? or is this just a count of the number of good trades that a person has.
Is thier a way to know if a person has a number of bad trades.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
You are correct in saying it's a guage of how many good trades/sales a member has. As far as bad trades, we try and resolve the ones that are reported to us.

Bad traders are banned from the site.

Matt Studinski

5.00 star(s)
Read this entire thread and it will answer your question. Peter is the only one who awards bench points and since it is a massive undertaking it is not always up to date. Additionally, he just got back from vacation so things fell furthur behind than normal.

Matt