• Other sports

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Non-sports

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

Kirbyfan34

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I am a Topps/Topps Heritage guy. Especially now that the Heritage line is getting into the years I've been alive with the 72 set this year. Makes it a little more fun. My set focus is topps flagship from 1980, the year I started collecting, through current. Not sure when I will end that as I wanted the kids to have something that I had as a child. My player focus is my all time favorite Kirby Puckett. I may, at some point start to recollect other faves that I had tons of including Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Ryne Sandberg and Craig Biggio, but as others have mentioned here, I sometimes have issues just keeping these few things in focus and getting trades out in a timely manner!

chieftazmisty

MVP
5.00 star(s)
HOWDY ALL
SPORTS BASEBALL BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL I COLLECT
HAVE CLOSE TO 600 SETS COMPLETED AND WORKING ON ABOUT 20 I NEED TO FINISH SORT OF LIKE mm1sub and symhonic metal close to 300,00 DUPES LAYING I JUST LOVE TO BUILD SETS OF COURSE GROWING UP IN THE 50,S I MISSED THE BOAT ON AUTOGRAPHS AS MY DADS BEST FRIEND SON PLAYED OFR THE PIRATES AND HE USED TO TAKE MY BORTHERS AND TO GAMES AT OLD FORBES FIELD WHERE WE USE TO GET AUTOGRAPHS GALORE FROM ALL THE VISITING TEAMS AND PIRATES AND TO THIS DAY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY WENT HAD CLEMENTES AUTO ABOUT 400 TIMES THE PLAYER WHO TOOKS US TO DIFFERENT GAMES WAS DICK GROAT BUT BASKETBALL IS MY LOVE I TOLD MY DAUGHTER WHEN I PASS HAVE FUN FIGURING OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THEM
CHIEF

rlschles

Prospect
HOWDY ALL
SPORTS BASEBALL BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL I COLLECT
HAVE CLOSE TO 600 SETS COMPLETED AND WORKING ON ABOUT 20 I NEED TO FINISH SORT OF LIKE mm1sub and symhonic metal close to 300,00 DUPES LAYING I JUST LOVE TO BUILD SETS OF COURSE GROWING UP IN THE 50,S I MISSED THE BOAT ON AUTOGRAPHS AS MY DADS BEST FRIEND SON PLAYED OFR THE PIRATES AND HE USED TO TAKE MY BORTHERS AND TO GAMES AT OLD FORBES FIELD WHERE WE USE TO GET AUTOGRAPHS GALORE FROM ALL THE VISITING TEAMS AND PIRATES AND TO THIS DAY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY WENT HAD CLEMENTES AUTO ABOUT 400 TIMES THE PLAYER WHO TOOKS US TO DIFFERENT GAMES WAS DICK GROAT BUT BASKETBALL IS MY LOVE I TOLD MY DAUGHTER WHEN I PASS HAVE FUN FIGURING OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THEM
CHIEF
Dick Groat was a great ballplayer. 8-time All-Star, 1960 MVP, 1964 runner up, 2x world champ, over 2000 hits. I think he's still with us, gotta be 90 if he's a day. I have his 61 Topps #1. That 52 Topps of him is worth a coupla pennies...

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Dick Groat was a great ballplayer. 8-time All-Star, 1960 MVP, 1964 runner up, 2x world champ, over 2000 hits. I think he's still with us, gotta be 90 if he's a day. I have his 61 Topps #1. That 52 Topps of him is worth a coupla pennies...
Dick is exactly 90! Will be 91 this November the 4th....he was a great of the game, and in my opinion, has a case for the Hall of Fame!

Blessings,

Kevin

chieftazmisty

MVP
5.00 star(s)
HI RISCHLES
DID YOU KNOW DICK GROAT WAS AN ALL AMERICAN AT DUKE IN BOTH BASEBALL AND BASKETBALL HE ALSO WAS ONE OF THE FEWEST AT THE TIME PLAYED BOTH BASEBALL AND BASKETBALL IN THE PROS WITH THE PIRATES AND FORT WAYNE PISTONS IN THE NBA

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Definitely baseball. Enjoyed breaking basketball as well, but have been priced out of that for now, so the focus is on vintage baseball and Kirby Puckett for myself, and Harper/Judge/Lindor with my son.

rlschles

Prospect
HI RISCHLES
DID YOU KNOW DICK GROAT WAS AN ALL AMERICAN AT DUKE IN BOTH BASEBALL AND BASKETBALL HE ALSO WAS ONE OF THE FEWEST AT THE TIME PLAYED BOTH BASEBALL AND BASKETBALL IN THE PROS WITH THE PIRATES AND FORT WAYNE PISTONS IN THE NBA
I did not realize Groat went to Duke. My dad went to Duke and was on the varsity basketball team in the mid-30s with multi-sport star and FB Hall of Famer Ace Parker.

HockeyBrawler

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I'm all over the map. Baseball is my biggest. Hockey was #1 for a long time but the game has gotten to be unwatchable. I also do a lot with football and indoor soccer and a little auto racing.

Also for those mentioning Dick Groat, he's an excellent autograph signer via mail. I have his 1954 and 1963 Topps cards signed (and yes, he just turned 90 back in November).

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm all over the map. Baseball is my biggest. Hockey was #1 for a long time but the game has gotten to be unwatchable. I also do a lot with football and indoor soccer and a little auto racing.

Also for those mentioning Dick Groat, he's an excellent autograph signer via mail. I have his 1954 and 1963 Topps cards signed (and yes, he just turned 90 back in November).
@HockeyBrawler great to see you back on here my friend! Glad you stopped by!

And yes, Dick is a very kind and generous signer, and fast too!

Blessings,

Kevin

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
I collect pretty much everything I put together sets but only a select few Topps Flagship Topps A/G non-sport mini sets Topps Chrome and Update
also focus on my player collections-Also collect basketball but finding retail stuff around here is nearly impossible so I mainly join various group
breaks --Also collect some football here and there.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Wowzers! 93% of folks on this site, at least the ones who voted, are baseball card collectors. That's pretty awesome, actually! Not so much on the other sports. I think it's clear what our "niche" is here! Let's get some more votes here and see if this trend continues!

pinetarboys

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Wowzers! 93% of folks on this site, at least the ones who voted, are baseball card collectors. That's pretty awesome, actually! Not so much on the other sports. I think it's clear what our "niche" is here! Let's get some more votes here and see if this trend continues!
I learned throughout the years that baseball cards hold value compared to football where players shelf life is short! And if your not a Star QB your cards are undervalued regardless of All pro/ HOF status…
Basketball superstars are few and far between creating ridiculous inflation (example Jordan Kobe Lebron etc etc) where basketball role players cards are used for wall darts LOL! I’m sure Hockey is much of the same as Basketball…in my opinion…
Thanks Josh

redbird4

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Vintage collecting I am all four sports mainly focusing on Maravich in basketball, Blues in hockey and I build sets in baseball & football. When it comes to the newer stuff I'm primarily baseball, but there are definitely some pretty awesome cards in all the sports.

*NHL is the greatest sport to watch, especially during the playoffs as I think the Stanley Cup is the greatest of all the trophies!
*MLB is the best sport to attend in person, the green of the grass, the smell of the hot dogs and just the whole atmosphere.
*NFL seems (to me anyway) to be as real as wrestling.... as in "outcome already decided". I still like to watch it on tv though.
*NBA isn't entertaining at all anymore and I'm not sure what the fascination is with Lebron. I was recently talking to a friend and all time, I didn't even have LeBron in my top 15. Must be a generation thing.

Don't get me wrong though, in my life I have attended games in all these sports and have had a blast at each!! Even indoor soccer, which is also great! ST. LOUIS STEAMERS RULE ALL! (<<okay that one is from wayyyy back! :) )

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Normal use to collect Bowman Chrome Prospects sets from Bowman, Bowman Chrome and Bowman Draft. Also the last few years the update golds serial to the year. Or normally anything I like....and anything I don't like...I trade away. The gold updates were very nice to me when Juan Soto cards took off....sold two of them for $750.00! Best regards, David

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I have and continue to dabble in anything trading card related, but primarily baseball. Anything else is an eye catcher or some other reason. Not that I don't enjoy the other areas, but funds and time are limited to what brings me the most enjoyment and what I know best.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I collect Ben Hogan Golf Cards. Please visit www.benhogangolfcards.com
to see what Hogan cards are out there and what I have in my PC.
Good Luck with your collecting interests.
Charlie
I'd love to pick up a 1951 Berk Ross Hogan for my golf PC. Would go nice with my BGS 5.5 1926 Lambert & Butler Bobby Jones RC. Missed the boat on the PSA 6 Hogan/Hart that went for $115 a month or 2 ago.

Ventured into set building 10 years ago because it got boring simply looking for Pujols cards and not much else.

I just started working on my 1st vintage set last week. I was born in 1973 so 1973 Topps it is. A co-worker sold me a nice starter lot in VG-EX condition to get me started and I picked up about 60 cards (including 23 high numbers) for a quarter each from the LCS yesterday. Whether I need them or not I don't know but it's nice to have extras for tradebait.

Charlie Haviza

Bench Warmer
I'd love to pick up a 1951 Berk Ross Hogan for my golf PC. Would go nice with my BGS 5.5 1926 Lambert & Butler Bobby Jones RC. Missed the boat on the PSA 6 Hogan/Hart that went for $115 a month or 2 ago.

Ventured into set building 10 years ago because it got boring simply looking for Pujols cards and not much else.

I just started working on my 1st vintage set last week. I was born in 1973 so 1973 Topps it is. A co-worker sold me a nice starter lot in VG-EX condition to get me started and I picked up about 60 cards (including 23 high numbers) for a quarter each from the LCS yesterday. Whether I need them or not I don't know but it's nice to have extras for tradebait.
Those two golf cards would be great together in a collection. The Berk Ross Hogan is kind of pricey right now and hard to find in a decent condition. Good luck with this. I will keep an eye out for one.
Charlie