What part of ...

mdhollenbergs

5.00 star(s)
"Fragile" do you not understand Mr. Post Office clerk. How dare you mark my package with a big red FRAGILE stamp and then turn around and toss my package 6 feet to the bend for these packages. Then you are going to do the same with someone else's package right on top of mine. Yes, it is in a bubble mailer, but still -- are you really going to toss this with me standing there watching. :eek:
I apologize ahead of time to K.C._Royals, SevensGotAGun, Bobby813 and/or mm1sub if those packages come through damaged. If the clerk will do that right in front of me, heaven forbid when those packages get into the back room.
Oh and by the way, the package that has not shown up at Thlorian17's address was handled by the same clerk. Hmmmm!

Thanks for allowing me to rant a bit,
Bruce

mdhollenbergs

5.00 star(s)
I gave him a dirty look after he tossed the first fragile one, but said nothing. He carried the other one over. Only the last two packages did I have him mark as fragile.

dbarbos1

5.00 star(s)
I agree, I know of some great Post office workers, and then there are some others who think they are playing basketball with my packages. All I can say is
"good thing for Bubble Mailers".

baseballtracy67

4.80 star(s)
i actually was uncomfertable with one of my mail place workers he told me a whole lesson on how fragile is somewhat ppointless i said well theres some good cards in there and he goes well lets see he bends the bubble mailer as far back as he could and told me they were fine i was so furious but he said that i had to trust him he said he didnt bend the cards just the package. so after about 5 minutes to be honest i really liked the guy i could tell he really new what he was doing and if anything would happen he gave me his name and said to tell the manager that ***** ***** is responsible... havnt had to report him yet, really reliable guy, but scares the heck out of me by showing me that he cant bend them

cdahlk2001

5.00 star(s)
i love when im sorting mail in the morning and they send a photo in a paper envalope! no cardboard to support it just a paper envalope. what i tell customers when they ask " do you think this will make it there ok?" i tell them are you confident if you push it off the ledge and let it hit the floor that it will be ok. if not, repack it. i had the UPS guy just scan my parcel and toss it on my door step. no knock at the door (door was open just a screen door) and there was wood signs in it. but they were packed right.... if you think them tossing it 6 feet is bad. we toss the small parcels first THAN the BIG ones. so chances are they are on the bottom of the hamper getting a priorty box ontop of them.... and the farthest hamper is prob 15 feet away.

clinton

5.00 star(s)
Do you really think every bubble mailer that is marked fragile gets treated like a carton of eggs throughout the delivery process? We would all love to believe that is the case, but we have to be realistic. Was it uncool to do it in front of you? Yea. Does it surprise me that the clerk treated it just like any other package? nope. What do you think those of us that use the automated machines and then slide of mailers down the drop slot do? Stand there and make sure that nobody else drops anything on top of our precious bubble mailer? Nope. We put it in the system and think nothing more of it. Of all the things in life to worry about I try not to put the mail at the top.

brewerfan34

5.00 star(s)
The place that I work at is on a "training" route for new UPS drivers. We had one truly great driver that was on our route for about a year. He took his time and handled packages with care and was in general a nice guy. In the past month we have had about four different drivers.

On a busy day we will get 15 or more packages. On days when we are busy the driver will unload our packages in the stockroom, scan them, and find one of us in the front to sign for them. I walked into our stockroom one day to recieve in our UPS packages and they were litteraly thrown out of the back of the truck, there were boxes crushed by larger items. Some of these boxes have several hundred dollars worth of merchandise in them.

What I'm trying to say is that few people care about your things as much as you do. I've learned to take a deep breath, go for a walk around the block and do my best to shrug it off. It's taken me a number of years to have this perspective!

Take care,

Frank

mdhollenbergs

5.00 star(s)
I understand that the packages do not get treated with the care that maybe one would expect if they marked it Fragile. That is why I package the way I do. I was just amazed that after specifically asking him to mark it Fragile, he would turn and toss it.
If at a grocery store the bagger threw his eggs on the bottom, do you think he would complain? If at a restaurant his meal order was messed up, do you think he would complain? Or do you think he would be okay with the same respect he gave my package at those locations? I apologize to those of you who perhaps work for the postal service, but the RESPECT you give me and my package should be no different than the RESPECT you would expect for your eggs or your meal order.
Bruce

O

oldmarine0311

Bruce, i agree this guy was tactless to say the least. but you should have stood your ground and gotten his supervisor, at least you could vent untill you leave and tey use your package like a 4th and ten football. (punt). sadly though if its really important to you, and truely fragile you should insure it, only costs a couple bucks more but its worth it.

i have never traded with you but i can see that you care, i just wish everyone here in this group would be so generous in packing the cards they trade. true ive only made a few, but some of these cards come in just a plain brown envelope, no tracking and alot of hope they dont get destroyed.

dave