What's going on with Ebay tonight??

ichibanmnm

5.00 star(s)
I can't search for anything, seems like there isn't anything for sale on Ebay at all....anyone else having this problem?

sandman43103

4.90 star(s)
From their announcements page:

"Due to errors in some of our backend systems, members may be seeing different errors in Search. This could be that "We were unable to run the search results you entered. Please try again in a few minutes" or a blank page, or simply the browser being unable to display the page.

This is also affecting the ability to access eBay Stores through search directly, and sometimes from the store URL.

Workarounds - Buy It Now Search and Advanced Search
If you use the Advanced Search option at the top of the page, and type in your search query and click the title and description box and then run the search, the results for the title and description search will be returned.

Alternatively, if you receive a 0 results page for title search and click the Buy It Now tab (or choose the title and description box and re-run the search), you'll see the (Buy It Now or title and description) results for your search query.

Please note that we are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work to resolve this. "

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

premium1981

5.00 star(s)
I bet a lot of sellers are ticked. I know I would be if I had auctions ending last night. Luckily my auctions for this week are ending tonight.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
I have MAJOR issues with Ebay but have to say that in respect to up/downtime Ebay has done an amazing job. I can't remember the last time they had a "hard outage" such as this one and as I recall, the short intermittent "outages" have only been for a few minutes at most and are infrequent. Considering the amount of real time data they manipulate day in and day out is mind boggling and the one area where I believe they've gotten it down about as good as is humanly possible.

What/how they compensate their customers for downtime.........well, that's a different story.