What's on your music playlist?

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
I found this online, and thought the orchestra with Elvis' voice was beyond awesome!!

Agreed. Of those two albums, my favorites are "I've got a thing about you baby" and "Just Pretend" Also just saw that the Royal Philharmonic completed an album of Johnny Cash songs. Could be very interesting.
And if you were to look at my favorite stations on XM radio you would think I'd have multiple personalities.
they include
Willie's Roadhouse, Prime Country, the Garth Channel, Red White and Booze, and Outlaw Country (Classic, 80's and 90's, Garth Brooks and his faves, good drinking songs, and Country on the "outskirts of Nashville"
Octane, Hair Nation, Road Trip Radio, Rock Bar, SXM Comes Alive (Hard Rock, 80's glam rock, road trip songs, and Classic rock recorded live)
Sirius Hits 1 (current hits
50's, 60's, 70's 80's, 90's and Pop 2k (decades channels)
The Beatles, Elvis, and Tom Petty Radio. (mostly dedicated to those artists)
Oldies, Underground Garage, 1st Wave, Classic Rewind, and Classic Vinyl, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Comedy Central, Jeff and Larry's Comedy Roundup, Carlin's Corner, Soul Town, and B.B. Kings Bluesville and the sports channels (Brewers, Twins, Bucks, ) are all pretty self explanitory.

I love the service. It basically covers any musical mood that I am in.

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)
I love Sirius/XM. I've had it for about 10 years now and will never go back. No commercials and music, talk, or sports for every taste.

Like LL Cool J said "I can't live without my radio!"

Billy

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I found this online, and thought the orchestra with Elvis' voice was beyond awesome!!

Talk about not being able to tell a book by its cover, I totally had Kevin pegged as a Death Metal/Black Metal fan. You just never can tell!

I just read that the album Rumors by Fleetwood Mac reached #7 on the Billboard 200 album chart and Dreams got to #12 on their Hot 100 singles chart. Billboard also wrote that Dreams is Fleetwood Mac's only song to reach #1 on their Hot 100 chart which came as quite a shock to me given how many albums rumors and their earlier self titled album had sold!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Talk about not being able to tell a book by its cover, I totally had Kevin pegged as a Death Metal/Black Metal fan. You just never can tell!

I just read that the album Rumors by Fleetwood Mac reached #7 on the Billboard 200 album chart and Dreams got to #12 on their Hot 100 singles chart. Billboard also wrote that Dreams is Fleetwood Mac's only song to reach #1 on their Hot 100 chart which came as quite a shock to me given how many albums rumors and their earlier self titled album had sold!
Jeff, you would probably shake your head if you saw my playlist, it has literally a little bit of everything! I do love 80s metal, Guns n Roses, Metallica, etc. Loved Manowar in the 90s!

This is kind of an offbeat song, but cool just the same....my wife has family in Ireland, we went for our honeymoon, and I love the Irish landscapes in this video, a sub-genre that could only be called Celtic Metal!

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Jeff, you would probably shake your head if you saw my playlist, it has literally a little bit of everything! I do love 80s metal, Guns n Roses, Metallica, etc. Loved Manowar in the 90s!

This is kind of an offbeat song, but cool just the same....my wife has family in Ireland, we went for our honeymoon, and I love the Irish landscapes in this video, a sub-genre that could only be called Celtic Metal!

Good stuff there Kevin.

Metal is such a broad genre that it is almost hard to believe. From that real harsh, heavy material to Folk/Celtic metal the diversity within the genre is incredible. That probably explains why there are so many subgenres in Metal. Some of my favorite groups use folk type instuments in their music. You'd never think that guitar driven music would be so compatible with orchestras, choirs, folk instuments and the like but it does and makes some of the most beautiful music in the world.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
A desert, stoner rock band from Cincinnati, OH, go figure.........A lot of these genre bands are from Sweden too.........
The fact I can name several bands from Sweden off the top of my head attests to that. Before I got into Euro metal I could only name one Swedish act which was ABBA.

I have to give that song you posted the highest compliment I can give...........I gave it a like on YouTube!! That song was totally bad ass!! It reminds me of a combination of Grunge music (Soundgaden maybe?) and something else I cannot put my finger on (Cross Canadian Ragwed maybe? i don't know).

I'm only going off this song but I'm surprised this is considered Stoner Rock. I'd have thought it would be just Hard Rock or some sub genre of Metal like power metal. At any rate I'm going just off this one song which really is in the wheelhouse of music I like.

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)

There is a line in this song by Tim McGraw that basically describes my preferences.

"Some say it's too country, some say it's too Rock-n-Roll, but it's just good music, if you can feel it in your soul"

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Didn't know about these guys until the wife and I saw them open for one of my all time favorite bands Godsmack

Red Sun Rising

side note I became a big Godsmack fan when the wife and I again saw them open for Metallica

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
When everybody was writing Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Ozzy, and Iron Maiden on there O-Pee-Chee folders, I was writing Eddie Rabbitt on mine,,,,,but I did become a big metal guy (esp. the Hair Bands) Dokken being my all time fav

Here is Mr. Rabbitt

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)

There is a line in this song by Tim McGraw that basically describes my preferences.

"Some say it's too country, some say it's too Rock-n-Roll, but it's just good music, if you can feel it in your soul"
I actually met the touring guitarist for this guy Adam Shoenfeld on a trip last year......Was wearing a Mets hat and he said something about Tug McGraw........Very nice guy who helped my wife with her carry on........Based in Nashville and traveling to Lake Tahoe for a show.......Went to Reno to see The Cult......

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
When everybody was writing Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot, Ozzy, and Iron Maiden on there O-Pee-Chee folders, I was writing Eddie Rabbitt on mine,,,,,but I did become a big metal guy (esp. the Hair Bands) Dokken being my all time fav

Here is Mr. Rabbitt
I've never really gotten into heavy metal. It's one of the few genres I don't think you'd find on my playlist. There may be a song here and there, but for the most part I just don't listen to it.

Eddie Rabbitt, on the other hand...this is a lot more my style!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Midnight Special! The Wolfman!! LOVE IT!

WolfmanJack.jpg

There have been other deejays, but Wolfman Jack was THE deejay back in the day! Howling, screaming, joking around, he was just awesome!

Last edited:

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Since this topic started I have been on somewhat of a Lacuna Coil binge. I absolutely love this song but have no idea what it is about! I think she (Cristina) is dying and the male (Andi)is her significant other. Most people seem to think it is a father/daughter relatiuonship. Whatever it is about, it is another beautiful and dark song from lacuna Coil.

Tankp

5.00 star(s)
I'm from the 70's party life. At midnight from 1978, music most of you would say AH? It is close to six hours of hard driving dance music. I concentrate better when I have music on for work or leisure. At 63 listen to classical, Jazz, and Salsa music. Hard driving music is my favorite suits my personality, I am still hyper keeps you upbeat.