What's on your music playlist?

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I guess I'll be the first (at least I think the first) to post some rap/hip-hop in the thread. One of my favorite songs at the time it came out. Hadn't heard it in a while until it just popped in my head today.

Warning: I wouldn't advise playing this video, or audio, at work unless you work from home...alone...

Warning: I wouldn't advise playing this video, or audio, at work unless you work from home...alone...

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
These guys were my favorite!! This song hits the spot for whats happening this year............Best regards, David
David, I agree. CCR is one of, if not the best classic rock group. Have been fortunate enough to see John in concert 3 times in the past 13 years. Incredible talent, and his shows got better each time.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I guess I'll be the first (at least I think the first) to post some rap/hip-hop in the thread. One of my favorite songs at the time it came out. Hadn't heard it in a while until it just popped in my head today.

not a pitbull fan, but do like some of his songs (I could probably make that statement for quite a few artists) -- Timber w/ Ke$ha comes up all the time on my playlist.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)

This is a fun song that David Lee Roth, Diamond Dave from Van Halen just released as a tribute to Eddie....kind of a fun song!

Blessings,

Kevin

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
Kyuss..........The grandfathers of desert/stoner rock..........Josh Homme's first band, now leader of Queens of the Stone Age...........

Mike121

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Here's the latest song that plays first pretty much every time I start playing music. Morgan Wallen has a new double album coming out next year. He's released quite a few of the songs and I don't think there's a bad one out of the bunch. Here's to hoping the rest of the album is as good as what he's put out so far!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Had to take a longer than normal drive earlier this week, so got to dig DEEP into the playlist. This one took me back to the college years.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
@SymphonicMetal I am sure you listened to some ManOwar back in the day, I loved them in high school, goofiness and all.

A classmate of mine once said something about every one of their songs having the same words, just in different order. I found this online today:

Screenshot_20201128-203837_Chrome.jpg

Some guy ran statistics on their lyrics, and came up with a list of their most frequently used words, which honestly, if you put these 25 in a hat and picked them out, you would have any one of their songs I think!

Kirbyfan34

4.90 star(s)
Also, my wife gives me soooooo much crap for this one, but I think it's just a great album
RUNAWAY HORSES BY BELINDA CARLISLE
Commercially it flopped, but her first single "Leave a Light" on was her last big hit. I just think the music is great, meaningful lyrics and she looked hot as hell in the videos.
This was the album after HEAVEN ON EARTH

David K.

5.00 star(s)
@SymphonicMetal I am sure you listened to some ManOwar back in the day, I loved them in high school, goofiness and all.

A classmate of mine once said something about every one of their songs having the same words, just in different order. I found this online today:

View attachment 4994

Some guy ran statistics on their lyrics, and came up with a list of their most frequently used words, which honestly, if you put these 25 in a hat and picked them out, you would have any one of their songs I think!
What about "Love".......should be in the Top 1% Best regards, Dvid

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Also, my wife gives me soooooo much crap for this one, but I think it's just a great album
RUNAWAY HORSES BY BELINDA CARLISLE
Commercially it flopped, but her first single "Leave a Light" on was her last big hit. I just think the music is great, meaningful lyrics and she looked hot as hell in the videos.
This was the album after HEAVEN ON EARTH
That was a great song! I like Belinda, she was a great singer!

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)

View attachment 4994

Kevin believe it or not I have never heard of Manowar. I looked them up and they are an American Symphonic Metal (sound familiar?) band from the US that started in 1980. I'm surprised I did not come across them in "related videos' on You tube since much of my music tasts fall in line with my username on The Bench.

For some odd reason, I tend to like a lot of dark/gothic/angst ridden music even though I personally have none of those traits. Somehow that type of music often has an uplifting, euphoric sound for me. I also tend togravitiate to female fronted rock/metal music not for any political or virtual signaling reason but because I lreally like the softer female voice balancing with the louder guitars. By no means do I like every female fronted rock/metal band (because some of them outright suck) butprobably 2/3s of the artists I listen to are female fronted. And the third factor is the music must have a high melodic quality. That playing fast and loud for playing fast and loud's sake is just garbage to me.

Here is a song I heard this morning as bumper music on a radio show which was an absolute favorite of mine from the Grunge/Post grunge era of the 1990s. Candlebox was a one album wonder IMO but that first album was 5 stars across the board. And talk about angst ridden here you go....

CANDLEBOX - Far Behind (Official Video) - YouTube

The sound does not begin for the first 20 seconds or so. And why is Chris Jerhico singing for Candlebox? LMAO!!!!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
Kevin believe it or not I have never heard of Manowar. I looked them up and they are an American Symphonic Metal (sound familiar?) band from the US that started in 1980. I'm surprised I did not come across them in "related videos' on You tube since much of my music tasts fall in line with my username on The Bench.

For some odd reason, I tend to like a lot of dark/gothic/angst ridden music even though I personally have none of those traits. Somehow that type of music often has an uplifting, euphoric sound for me. I also tend togravitiate to female fronted rock/metal music not for any political or virtual signaling reason but because I lreally like the softer female voice balancing with the louder guitars. By no means do I like every female fronted rock/metal band (because some of them outright suck) butprobably 2/3s of the artists I listen to are female fronted. And the third factor is the music must have a high melodic quality. That playing fast and loud for playing fast and loud's sake is just garbage to me.

Here is a song I heard this morning as bumper music on a radio show which was an absolute favorite of mine from the Grunge/Post grunge era of the 1990s. Candlebox was a one album wonder IMO but that first album was 5 stars across the board. And talk about angst ridden here you go....

CANDLEBOX - Far Behind (Official Video) - YouTube

The sound does not begin for the first 20 seconds or so. And why is Chris Jerhico singing for Candlebox? LMAO!!!!

Wow, Manowar must have been more avant garde than I realized...they had some silly stuff, but some great songs too....here is Courage:

I also love the prelude to this song, just an awesome guitar and drum part....probably my favorite 48 seconds in the history of heavy metal.....

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
It seems Manowar is more popular in Germany and Austria where some of their albums have Gold certifictions. That is not unusual since Metal is more popular in Europe than it is here in the U.S.. None of their singles have ever charted, which is not that unusual since although Metal is more popular in Europe, it is ny no means the dominat genre.

I'll have to check them out later. I'm still surprised I have not heard of them via related videos on YouTube given they are listed under the sub genre that I listen to most.

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
It seems Manowar is more popular in Germany and Austria where some of their albums have Gold certifictions. That is not unusual since Metal is more popular in Europe than it is here in the U.S.. None of their singles have ever charted, which is not that unusual since although Metal is more popular in Europe, it is ny no means the dominat genre.

I'll have to check them out later. I'm still surprised I have not heard of them via related videos on YouTube given they are listed under the sub genre that I listen to most.

They were huge in Europe, and were playing bar shows here....faced with the choice, I would go off to Europe and sell out arenas too!! You may enjoy some of their songs, get past the silly image, they did have some powerful chords!