What's on your music playlist?

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Kevin believe it or not I have never heard of Manowar. I looked them up and they are an American Symphonic Metal (sound familiar?) band from the US that started in 1980. I'm surprised I did not come across them in "related videos' on You tube since much of my music tasts fall in line with my username on The Bench.

For some odd reason, I tend to like a lot of dark/gothic/angst ridden music even though I personally have none of those traits. Somehow that type of music often has an uplifting, euphoric sound for me. I also tend togravitiate to female fronted rock/metal music not for any political or virtual signaling reason but because I lreally like the softer female voice balancing with the louder guitars. By no means do I like every female fronted rock/metal band (because some of them outright suck) butprobably 2/3s of the artists I listen to are female fronted. And the third factor is the music must have a high melodic quality. That playing fast and loud for playing fast and loud's sake is just garbage to me.

Here is a song I heard this morning as bumper music on a radio show which was an absolute favorite of mine from the Grunge/Post grunge era of the 1990s. Candlebox was a one album wonder IMO but that first album was 5 stars across the board. And talk about angst ridden here you go....

CANDLEBOX - Far Behind (Official Video) - YouTube

The sound does not begin for the first 20 seconds or so. And why is Chris Jerhico singing for Candlebox? LMAO!!!!
You are 100% correct on that Candlebox album -- can't remember anything they did after that, but the first one is arguably a top 10 album for me. Before I switched over to using youtube on road trips, Candlebox would be one of the cd's I always grabbed.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
That first Candlebox album was just so good! I looked up their discography and it went 4X Platinum while their next album went only gold. From there on none of their albums earned any certification. I really need to check out their other albums that were not commercially successful as I'll bet there are some hidden gems in those. I think there lead singer has a tremendous and unique voice.

Here is another Candlebox gem from that first album. A VERY angry gem! Chris Jerhico seems really PO'd in this one LOL

Candlebox - Cover Me (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Last edited:

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I do remember Candlebox, they had some hardcore songs! I forgot that Chris Jericho was a wrestler too, Jeff, that had to be the perfect combination for you of wrestling and Metal!

Cheers!

Kevin

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
HAHA! Kevin I was joking about Chris Jerhico being the lead singer of Candlebox. That guy's name is Kevin Martin. I always thought he looked like the wrestler Chris Jerhico back then so I was joking around about that.

However, it is not that much of a stretch since the wrestler Chris Jerhico indeed is the lead singer of his heavy metal band called Fozzy! I've never actually heard any of Fozzy's music but indeed Chris Jerhico..and yes I do mean THAT Chris Jerhico.... is the lead singer of that band.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
HAHA! Kevin I was joking about Chris Jerhico being the lead singer of Candlebox. That guy's name is Kevin Martin. I always thought he looked like the wrestler Chris Jerhico back then so I was joking around about that.

However, it is not that much of a stretch since the wrestler Chris Jerhico indeed is the lead singer of his heavy metal band called Fozzy! I've never actually heard any of Fozzy's music but indeed Chris Jerhico..and yes I do mean THAT Chris Jerhico.... is the lead singer of that band.

I knew that Jericho was the lead singer of Fozzy, but like you, couldn't identify a single song if pressed.

I also recall that there was a member here eons ago that went by the user name -- jerichoholic (or something like that). Keeping the thread on track and still staying with the wrestling theme -- some of the entrance music over the years has been amazing!

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
Ironic you mentioned wrestling entrance themes as there were so many great ones. I always loved the D-Generation X one as it perfectly fit that group of wrestlers. That song has to be one of the most recognizable songs in the history of wrestling and one of its most iconic.

Early on in this thread someone posted a song called "Snap your fingers" and I immediately thought of Justin Credible's awesome theme song but decided not to post it. But now that Katester has broken the ice, I shall post it now!!

(1) Justin Credible - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck - YouTube

The three things I miss from the 1990s is the Grunge/post grunge music, Beavis and Butt-Head and pro wrestling especially ECW where the W absolutely did not stand for "woke".

I wonder why my copy and paste potings no longer come up with a box form like everyone elses?? Weird since they used to.