Whats your favorite homemade dish?

brazin

5.00 star(s)
Last few years it seems the women are working more than we
are! I've had to resort to cooking dinner at times and thought
it'd be cool to hear what your favorite homemade dish is.

Mine is Sirloin Roast with potatoes and carrots. I messed around
and finally got it the way I like it,

preperation takes (2) Beef Sirloin Roasts 3 pounds each
about 7 potatoes sliced with peel attached.
(2) cans of sliced carrots.

Before cooking I take a bottle of Italian dressing
a bottle of Worchester sauce, meat tenderizer,
garlic powder, garlic salt, salt, peeper, and throw
it all in a dish and put the roast in there and let
marinate. you take the two prong fork and
stab the roast many times.

After it is marinated, I put em on glass casserole
trays and put my sliced potatoes around it and
then pour the marinade sauce on top of it and on
potatoes.

I set the oven to 375 and cook for 2 and 1/2 hours.
covered with pans, after the first hour and half I
remove the pans and put the carrots around the
potatoes and sppon the juice to em and in an
hour that sucker comes out and smells good and
tastes good.

Usually make a side of garlic toast and a gallon of tea
or when the time is right, a glass of homemade
blackberry wine.

Heres a pic of a modest portion..
Feeds 6 with leftovers and cost
around 32.00 dollars to make.

I call it the "closer".

What do you make that has become a favorite?

Yanks22518

4.80 star(s)
My moms Lasagna,My favorite food ever made,she's made it for years and it's the best around,That with Toasted Garlic Bread ,Thanks for sharing,

Kyle

brazin

5.00 star(s)
My moms Lasagna,My favorite food ever made,she's made it for years and it's the best around,That with Toasted Garlic Bread ,Thanks for sharing,

Kyle
Kyle, That sounds good, I bet it is great. Does your mother use sausage or
ground beef? You know, I cant remember the last time I had some good homemade Lasagna.

Thanks for sharing Kyle, that is a fine dish.

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
anything that my wife makes!! ... only because she NEVER cooks!! ... so when she does (usually just pasta, I have to help her get the water to boil ;)) its nice knowing I dont have to cook ..... in all seriousness, I make pretty mean beef stew - great on cold, rainy days - thanks, erik

fatrat

5.00 star(s)
Reuben Meat Loaf!!!

Ain't no wonder I'm a fatrat!! This guy is to die for. From Word so don't know how it will come across. GOOD STUFF! :D

1 Beaten Egg
½ Cup Chopped Onion
¼ Cup Russian Salad Dressing
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1½ lbs. lean ground Beef or Pork
1 Can Sauerkraut (8 oz.), drained and finely chopped
1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 Cup Soft Rye Bread Crumbs
¼ Cup Sweet Pickle Relish
1 Tsp. salt
¼ Tsp. pepper

 In bowl combine: Egg, Bread Crumbs, Onion, Relish, Salad Dressing, Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper.

 Add: Ground Beef and mix well.
On waxed paper pat mixture to a 12x8 inch rectangle; top with sauerkraut and ¾ cup of the cheese.
Using wax paper to lift rectangle, roll up meat, jellyroll style, beginning with short side. Press end to seal.

 Place roll in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.

 Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3 more minutes.

STLSHOEMAN

5.00 star(s)
My wife only cooks maybe 1 day a week. So I sometimes cook on my days off. This is an easy crockpot stew.
First buy those slow cooker liners. Best invention ever. No cleanup involved.
Place 2 beef boulion cubes in the bottom.
Slice up I large onion, as many potatos and carrots as you like. Dump those in and then add stew meat. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and whatever else floats yor boat. Add 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can of tomato paste, and 1 can of water. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.Stir it occasionally.

Prep time is like 15 min. No cleanup and it tastes really good.Enjoy, Aaron

pltcards

5.00 star(s)
Ain't no wonder I'm a fatrat!! This guy is to die for. From Word so don't know how it will come across. GOOD STUFF! :D

1 Beaten Egg
½ Cup Chopped Onion
¼ Cup Russian Salad Dressing
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1½ lbs. lean ground Beef or Pork
1 Can Sauerkraut (8 oz.), drained and finely chopped
1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 Cup Soft Rye Bread Crumbs
¼ Cup Sweet Pickle Relish
1 Tsp. salt
¼ Tsp. pepper

 In bowl combine: Egg, Bread Crumbs, Onion, Relish, Salad Dressing, Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper.

 Add: Ground Beef and mix well.
On waxed paper pat mixture to a 12x8 inch rectangle; top with sauerkraut and ¾ cup of the cheese.
Using wax paper to lift rectangle, roll up meat, jellyroll style, beginning with short side. Press end to seal.

 Place roll in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.

 Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 3 more minutes.
man, this sounds awesome, making this one for sure. Does it have a name? thanks Pat

chaddie84

5.00 star(s)
I'm helpless without my wife....I pretty much eat cereal or fast food when she's not available to cook.

When the weather's nice, I do grill from time to time. My favorite thing would have to be grilling pork tenderloin. If I wait for them to go on special at the local grocery store, you can usually get one big enough to feed 3-4 people for $5-6. Add some rice and mixed vegetables and it makes for a great meal!

Trader Rich

5.00 star(s)

Kyle
With me if is my wife's lasagna. She is Italian.
She makes her own sauce, uses fresh ricotta cheese and italian spices with ground beef.
We also have it with garlic bread.

Rich

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
I'm not the best cook but I did learn a few dishes from my Grandmother as a kid. I can make some killer Swedish pancakes and a few other breakfast meals native to that land. Not too bad at sweet rolls and spritz cookies as well:)

Sponsors