Which sport will be the first to come back.....

Which sport comes back first

• Baseball

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hockey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golf

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • NASCAR

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Pretty simple one...which sport comes back first.

I am a little bit surprised by how little I am missing seeing sports - as the days turn to weeks, I am able to get through the day without them a bit easier.

But I am sure that whichever one comes back first, I will be watching it.

Chavezforprez

5.00 star(s)
I feel golf would be first due to the minimal players on the course since the times are staggered and typically it's just the golfer and caddie.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Chess will make a huge come back......games will be played on the computer....so there will be social distancing.......16 players.....and scores will be updated by computer.....not joking!

David K.

5.00 star(s)
There will be a tournament and it will be a round robin......King of the Bench! ....Knights are you ready to become the King of the Bench! Your loyal fans await you : )

Last edited:

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Golf and NASCAR seemed to be the two most logical, just based on participant interaction. And NASCAR seems to have a plan to limit the number of tracks it goes to, so they are in a pretty good position. Golf would probably be next - as they have a potential plan. Their biggest obstacle will be getting foreign players to tournaments.

SymphonicMetal

5.00 star(s)
I heard that NASCAR is starting in mid May so out of those choices that appears to be the answer. I don't think fans will be in attendence though.

And UFC is having an event tonight so it looks like they are the actual first to come back. But I am wondering what sport will be the first to come back with fans in attendence and play on non nuetral sites? I'm starting to wonder if college football will be played this year since half of the Pac-12 schools do not think students will be returning to campus in the Fall!!!!

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I heard that NASCAR is starting in mid May so out of those choices that appears to be the answer. I don't think fans will be in attendence though.

And UFC is having an event tonight so it looks like they are the actual first to come back. But I am wondering what sport will be the first to come back with fans in attendence and play on non nuetral sites? I'm starting to wonder if college football will be played this year since half of the Pac-12 schools do not think students will be returning to campus in the Fall!!!!

I cant imagine not going back in the fall, but that may be a tough reality....I never thought I would be thankful for the internet, but it has opened a ton of opportunities for distance learning for our students in my school district, and my own children too!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member

It looks like NASCAR was first back, and golf is coming back this weekend. Definitely more vested in the golf!!

NBA sounds like it has a fairly solid plan in place to get its season wrapped up, at least the playoff portion of it. MLB...I am truly worried about it. And not sure if I see a Ripken or Sosa/McGwire on the horizon to bail them out again.....

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
First week of golf went pretty well - great ending to the tournament. Basketball looked like it was ready to come back - but now I am hesitant to say that is happening confidently. Baseball..well, only baseball could screw up a chance to be the only professional sports league playing through the entire summer, when the country needs something positive to look to.

Figure a schedule out. Figure a pro-rated salary plan out. And start playing ball.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
On the PGA Tour - Nick Watney DQ'd from the tourney before starting play Friday morning due to Covid-19. The tournament went on - will be curious to see if this affects anything going forward, because it sure is nice having some type of live event to look forward to on the weekends.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Should have already had The Masters, The US Open and The Open so far for golf. Instead 2 of them have been rescheduled and one cancelled.

The 4th major is teeing it up right now - The PGA Championship, taking place at Harding Park in San Francisco. Much like baseball and the other sports, hoping they can continue to hold their tourneys every week. Haven't watched a lot of it, but when I can it is a nice distraction on the weekends, especially if I happen to be working through that particular weekend.

Gnep31

4.90 star(s)
I should be at Michigan International Speedway right now with a cold adult beverage in my hand with 150 thousand plus other race fans.

Would have been 23 straight yrs camping with friends from Canada, MI, WI and OH.

BUT....Michigan's governor thought politics outweighed the economy of her state. Other tracks (Bristol, Texas, New Hampshire) have brought back fans along with social distancing and a reduced amount. To this point not a single case traced back to attendance at a NASCAR event!!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I should be at Michigan International Speedway right now with a cold adult beverage in my hand with 150 thousand plus other race fans.

Would have been 23 straight yrs camping with friends from Canada, MI, WI and OH.

BUT....Michigan's governor thought politics outweighed the economy of her state. Other tracks (Bristol, Texas, New Hampshire) have brought back fans along with social distancing and a reduced amount. To this point not a single case traced back to attendance at a NASCAR event!!!

Can't argue too much -- we were planning a visit to Fenway this August to continue our tour of MLB Parks. Hoping to get that back on track next year.

In the meantime -- Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship. Held off a stacked leaderboard with a couple of amazing shots - including driving the green on the par 4 16th, and sinking the eagle putt to all but put the cherry on top of the victory. Course was nice, felt like the greens were way to flat to hold a major though. I can't remember a single 3 putt - which is insane in a major.

Still 2 majors to go, and the three tourney FedEx cup playoff.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Where are we at with sports right now????

Tennis is back -- first major wrapping up this weekend.

Golf (womens/mens) -- men have one major in the book, and the 2nd (US Open) kicks off next week. women are wrapping up their 2nd major today.

NBA - playoff bubble in full effect

NHL - playoff bubble in full effect

NFL - kicked off Thursday - with fans in attendance

NCAA football - kicked off yesterday with fans in attendance

MLB - rolling forward towards their playoff bubble

Have definitely missed sports - some more than others!