Which sport will be the first to come back.....

Which sport comes back first

• Baseball

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hockey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golf

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • NASCAR

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Football on Thur night...Chiefs 34 over Texans 20......

I am personally still having trouble getting back on the NFL and NBA bandwagons.

Did enjoy the PGA playoffs the previous 3 weeks - Dustin Johnson absolutely crushed it in winning the tidy little $15 million prize. Also enjoyed watching the ANA Inspiration with the ladies, was pulling for Lexi in the playoff with Brooke and Minjee. Crazy how they had a "barrier" behind the 18th green that basically kept balls from going into the water. I need that type of setup on a golf course where there is a barricade keeping me from getting into trouble!!! Would probably also lower my golf ball budget by half over the course of a year!!!

Gnep31

4.90 star(s)
Where are we at with sports right now????

Tennis is back -- first major wrapping up this weekend.

Golf (womens/mens) -- men have one major in the book, and the 2nd (US Open) kicks off next week. women are wrapping up their 2nd major today.

NBA - playoff bubble in full effect

NHL - playoff bubble in full effect

NFL - kicked off Thursday - with fans in attendance

NCAA football - kicked off yesterday with fans in attendance

MLB - rolling forward towards their playoff bubble

Have definitely missed sports - some more than others!

Don't forget NASCAR. It has been back all summer and is now the ONLY professional sport I can watch unless you count MMA. It was the first to come back and this coming week will be the 3rd race of their playoffs under the lights at Bristol with a limited amount of fans.

After a short stint of apologizing on behalf of their fans (LOL), NASCAR is finally back to focusing on the action. They have lost hundreds of thousands of fans for multiple different choices they have made this summer...But nothing compared to how many the NBA, NFL and MLB are losing in terms of %.

If the Big 10 comes back then that will give me one more to watch...fingers crossed!!!

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Don't forget NASCAR. It has been back all summer and is now the ONLY professional sport I can watch unless you count MMA. It was the first to come back and this coming week will be the 3rd race of their playoffs under the lights at Bristol with a limited amount of fans.

After a short stint of apologizing on behalf of their fans (LOL), NASCAR is finally back to focusing on the action. They have lost hundreds of thousands of fans for multiple different choices they have made this summer...But nothing compared to how many the NBA, NFL and MLB are losing in terms of %.

If the Big 10 comes back then that will give me one more to watch...fingers crossed!!!

True -- I did miss mentioning NASCAR, mea culpa on that one!

Based on what I saw this morning - you will be getting your wish of the Big Ten coming back -- looks like mid-October. Guess the thought of being left out of the playoff cash grab was to much for them!

More importantly - the US Open will be kicking off tomorrow morning at Winged Foot - should be an amazing challenge - hopefully the scores will stay close to par.

Gnep31

4.90 star(s)
Big Ten is kinda back....

While I'm thrilled with at least an attempt here is my concern.

The restrictions that have been put in place will make it nearly impossible to complete a full season for any team. Specifically: 5% positive rate or more on those tested for the team and 21 day quarantine for individuals?!?!

Even the CDC doesn't recommend 21 days! 5% is just a handful or less of positive tests. The false positive rate alone could easily get you to that number.

I fear the presidents and commissioner have put these crazy restrictions in place so at the end of it they can say..."We tried, don't blame us".

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Big Ten is kinda back....

While I'm thrilled with at least an attempt here is my concern.

The restrictions that have been put in place will make it nearly impossible to complete a full season for any team. Specifically: 5% positive rate or more on those tested for the team and 21 day quarantine for individuals?!?!

Even the CDC doesn't recommend 21 days! 5% is just a handful or less of positive tests. The false positive rate alone could easily get you to that number.

I fear the presidents and commissioner have put these crazy restrictions in place so at the end of it they can say..."We tried, don't blame us".

High school football kicks off tonight here in my neck of the woods -- and I guess I am technically in Big 10 country - between U. of Maryland and Penn State. Hopefully the HS football is a good bellweather and it not only comes back..but sticks for the season.

Winged Foot had no teeth at all yesterday, most golfers under par ever at a US Open held there. The course is fighting back today. The wind is blowing a bit - scores are much more like we are used to seeing at a US Open. Should be a fun weekend - even if it isn't wrapping up on Fathers Day.