Why does no one ever comment on my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socal2b2

4.90 star(s)
Am I doing something wrong??? I am trying to trade all the but noone ever wants to?

If u look I rarely get any comments every 4 or 5 posts ill get 1 or 2 comments

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

metsman1986

5.00 star(s)
Hey Duke................Only Jeter I have right now is a 2003 UD MVP Patch Collection................I doubt it's a patch from a uni, probably remanufactured or something...............Card #MVP1 2000 World Series with Mets.................I could scan it of interested...................I like your Josh Johnson Topps auto......................Thanks and LMK....................Mike

dan5

5.00 star(s)
In my opinion you don't have much to offer in trade(only 71 items on trade page). Try making your trade list bigger and add more of a variety.

Also take into consideration what people collect, if you don't have it they won't want to trade with you. Browse the boards and read peoples sigs to get an idea of what they are looking for.

Also don't wait for some one to post on your thread! Take the initiative and go looking for trades. If you see something you like on some one's thread post on thier's.

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
Here are some helpful hints to making trades , the comments will come based on the interest people have in your post...

• Have what someone else is looking for...
  • Make lists of what you DO have available for trade (here is my example, it's a work in progress http://sites.google.com/site/scottzoe2/ )..
  • List items other than just the Game Used and autos...
  • Label the pictures in your trade bucket with the full name...(example 2008 SP Legendary Cuts Destined for History Memorabilia #CS Curt Schilling )

This is a card I would be interested in trading for by the way...
  • Finally just chat and have fun, comment on other threads. Trades tend to come in bunches and then dry up again. I make around 100 trades a year here, some months I have 30, some months I have just 1.

Have fun trading,
Scott

robert326

4.90 star(s)
Also don't wait for some one to post on your thread! Take the initiative and go looking for trades. If you see something you like on some one's thread post on thier's.

This is an excellent point. When I was starting out here, I would contact people if I felt I had something they'd want. Casting a wider net, so to speak.

yank23rulz

5.00 star(s)
Just keep trying and go to other people post find something you like and do the trade that way..Don't wait for your post to start a trade

Rarthur

5.00 star(s)
I have seemed to notice a since of karma at least for me. When I pull cards for others in their "WTTF ____" Threads, I notice that I find my own threads will occasionally gets more hits. I suggest responding to others threads which will get your name out there to collectors and maybe they will come responding to your posts.

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
Try putting more card info under your pics. To me, it makes a buckett
more user friendly. Try expanding your wants as well. When I first started
out on SCFun, I would have 15-20 trades a week on that site alone.
Just mix it up. Be picky one week and trade for anything the next. Also,
card shows are good to pick up cheap tradebait. Just don't give up. This
is like anything else, the more you trade the better you'll get.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Something that I noticed is that most of your posts are you offering high end stuff for trade. Most of the collectors here are not going to be looking for that kind of thing. We have a LOT of midlevel traders here, and honestly most people cannot afford those types of cards (Babe Ruth bat for example). It's great that you have those cards, but try offering something a little more reasonable and you'll probably get more bites.

Last edited:

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
sell?

Something that I noticed is that most of your posts are you offering high end stuff for trade. Most of the collectors here are not going to be looking for that kind of thing. We have a LOT of midlevel traders here, and honestly most people cannot afford those types of cards (Babe Ruth bat for example). It's great that you have those cards, but try offering something a little more reasonable and you'll probably get more bites.

Also - I noticed that you have been offering cards for sale. You cannot sell yet, so please stop doing that.

He has 21 points.

bubby01

5.00 star(s)
He'd for sure get more bites offering lower end stuff. I like highend stuff
as much as anyone, but the majority of traders here and most other sites
just can't touch em. Myself included. Another option to consider, would
be trading high end stuff for multiple mid end stuff. I've done this on
occasion with high end pulls, and the response is overwhelming. Good way
to meet alot of traders as well, even if you don't trade w/ them.

The GU Guy

4.80 star(s)
I love highend stuff but really dont have that much to trade if people would trade more like ok 2 or 3 cards for one wiould be easier but cant tell people how to trade

redsoxfan1979

5.00 star(s)
It happens time to time. I sometimes put stuff up that get no hits as well.
As for high end I would rather trade a 1 for 1 unless I really need a couple of cards.
Also adding what your are looking for in your Sig helps out alot.

THIS IS WHAT REALLY BUGS ME!!!! when you go back n forth for a few days and agree with a trade and then that person ignores your pm's or backs out of it. Sorry just ranting.

bblair_2002

5.00 star(s)
I don't think there are that many high end traders here. Many of us Bench folks are set,player and team collectors who'd be just as happy to trade for an insert of their favorite player or team than a 1/1 or autograph. That's what sets us apart from other sites is that we have a strong collector base and not just people looking for high end cards all the time. Perhaps put in a lil work and make a Webs page listing all your inserts and maybe even base cards and SPs if you have the time. Check out my www to see what I mean. Yes I've put in alot of work but it's made me tons of great trades here. Sure I get in a trading funk where no one replies to my threads,but that's gonna happen to everyone from time to time. Just keep plugging at it.

By the way,that Jeter auto on your page is a beaut.

Brett

brewerfan34

5.00 star(s)
Don't take people not trading with you personally. All of these posts are proof that the members of The Bench want you to succeed and have a postive experience.

Stick with it and take some of the great advice that you've gotten. :D

Thanks,

Frank

mintman2

5.00 star(s)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

18 replies and no response from the op ?

gee, I wonder where the problem is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.