Why would a closer have a 20 Stamina?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaSoxFan

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I have a projected closer but has a stamina rating of 20...could he be used as a starter??

any comments appreciated

Well, I think the issue is that MRs and CLs usually only have two pitches where SPs generally need to have three or more in order to go through a lineup a few times. You could convert him to an SP. You'll see a dropoff in his stuff (I think about 4 potential points on the 20 point scale).

Maybe it's worth a chance, but maybe he'll fail because he doesn't have enough different pitches. He'll have the stamina, but not enough pitches to get guys out deep into games.

Not sure that answers the question of how he could have a 20 stamina. Maybe he was a starter early in his SIM career. Perhaps had and injury or lost effectiveness with one of his pitches so he converted to a closer? I see the guy you're talking about - whoa! With those ratings, how does he have an ERA of 3.10???

Eric

Last edited:
Change there position. Agreed 4 plus pitches usually preferred but for teams that need SP help why not start a innings eater who if his pitches he does have are sick and decent control I wouldn't be afraid to roll the dice can always move them back

Stamina is required for long innings, but does nothing but help a reliever. Each pitch thrown takes off some of their 'energy' Stamina is how MUCH energy is used, and how MUCH is recovered between pitches/innings.

I agree with the above for the most part....if a pitcher doesn't have at least 3 pitches, preferrably 4...they should be in the pen in most cases.

Any player under 7-8 stamina should NOT be in the rotation, unless your bullpen is very, very deep.

Cory

I see that the Marlins converted a MR into an SP (Jeff Boyd) and he just tore his labrum and is now out for 5 months. Maybe there is an increased risk of injury in converting guys into starters? I just found where you can put pitch limits on individual players so maybe this is a good idea in their fist year of starting?

Eric

the pitcher I tried had 2 starts 0-1 11 IP 9 ER...not very successful but gonna let it ride for next sim...Vazquez injury still messing with my sp