Why Would Someone Bid Like This ?

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
He's done 10+ bids on at least 20 different items over the last 30 days and 77 items total. In most cases he is making multiple bids early with 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 days to go. I wonder if this is his shill bidding persona and he is trying to get his bids up so his bid percentage against his own auctions is not so suspect, all those bids and only a 42 rating is curious.

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
He's done 10+ bids on at least 20 different items over the last 30 days and 77 items total. In most cases he is making multiple bids early with 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 days to go. I wonder if this is his shill bidding persona and he is trying to get his bids up so his bid percentage against his own auctions is not so suspect, all those bids and only a 42 rating is curious.

the auction is mintman's ........

The_Glavinator

5.00 star(s)
I would have to agree that is a shilling account. Or maybe the bidder is just really cheap and ignorant (hey they are out there).

Want List:

2009 Bowman Chrome Football: Master Set 297/385 77% complete

Any Tom Glavine Auto's/GU

sorry no photo bucket yet.

JamesNevans

5.00 star(s)
the auction is mintman's ........

I'm not saying that Mintman is setting up a shill account, I'm saying that it could be he's using Mintman's auction to pump up his bids so that ratios for the auctions he wants to influence for real are not suspicious.

If he had 677 bids in one month and wanted to show that only 4% of his bids were against his primary account, thus drawing off suspicion, he could still bid on his own auctions 25 times. That's a heck of a way to influence the final value.

mintman2

5.00 star(s)

Very clever James. That's pretty creative if that's what's happening.

Maybe I should cancel all their bids and bidder block them. LOL

lep1010

5.00 star(s)
I'm not saying that Mintman is setting up a shill account, I'm saying that it could be he's using Mintman's auction to pump up his bids so that ratios for the auctions he wants to influence for real are not suspicious.

If he had 677 bids in one month and wanted to show that only 4% of his bids were against his primary account, thus drawing off suspicion, he could still bid on his own auctions 25 times. That's a heck of a way to influence the final value.

my bad bud, I misunderstood!! :eek:

97honda

5.00 star(s)
Yay, I'm the high bidder now... lol I have no idea why people do that I have had it happen multiple times in my auctions it drives me insane. I also see it regularly on all auctions I bid on.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I use to bid that way ..along time ago......Rival on eBay and you just keep on placing bids to see what his max bid is.....Best regards, David