With the arrival of this final 1972 Topps card.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I have completed all of the Topps base and traded sets from 1970 thru 2015. This is 45 years of Topps. It has been my hobby and passion for decades and I wanted to share this with all of my fellow Benchies, as quite a few of you have helped me to complete a large number of those sets.

Soooo..... the final card in my quest is...

1972%20Topps%20761%20Ron%20Cey%20RC_zps5vkxhqbl.jpg

Props to anyone who can tell me what is special about a Ron Cey RC?

I have pics of the whole run in my photobucket.

Anyone need any of my doubles? I have a ton!

Thanks for looking. I don't show off much, but this was a hobby milestone for me.

First and foremost congrats on that milestone I can only imagine the time it took and patience to complete all them sets congrats once again

congrats on the accomplishment, that is something I am working on. I plan to start on 1980 and move forward. I have a few holes. thought about going back to '72 (year I was born) but just not realistic at this point in time, maybe someday I will catch an offer of a life time for the 72-78 topps set in nmt-mnt condition, have 77 started and complete 78 but not in the best of condition.

biggest card I am missing right now is the 82 ripken jr traded, don't have an extra of those would you?? missing couple of mid 90's traded sets and that dam 2002 traded/update set that 1-110 are difficult. have complete sets from 1981-2014 and will get 2015 for Christmas. did the same for donruss, fleer, score, bowman and upper deck but have since dealt most of that away and kept a lot of the good players out of the sets for player collections.

Last edited:
Ok John
First Congrats on a great accomplishment that is fantastic JOB VERY WELL DONE
second what is so special about the Cey Rookie card I have no idea
later
Tom

Congrats on wrapping up the '72 set. Not an easy one to do, especially with the hi #'s.

Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but Cey is listed on the card as OF, and he turned out to be a fair 3B.

Depending on condition of the dupes, would be interested in working out a trade.

Congrats John!! I have completed my Topps sets from 1973 thru 2015. Working on the 1970 thru 1972. The high number 1972's and the 1971 black borders are tough. Will you be working on any sets from the 60's? I am about a third done with my 1969 set but the Mantle will be tough. If you are going to work on any sets from the 1960's let me know and I will do my best to help you out. One question I do have for you is whether or not you have the SP's from the recent Topps sets.

Hey bud.

I know the 71 black borders are really tough. Some of mine are not exactly pristine, but more along the lines of "you can still see the rubber band that we kept these in" condition.
I am not going to start the 60's sets at this time. On the recent SP's, I ahve a few, but consider the base cards only for my sets. The SP's are just that to me, another insert game by Topps.

Thanks for the offer.

Wow! Big congrats to you, working on that year as well..... have '73 through '79 done & looking for upgrades to NM. LMK if I can send you a list based on that card condition....

I've been working on a 1972 set for about 12 years on and off. The thrill of the hunt is what keeps me going and trying to find the last 15 or so HI numbered cards I still need. I have long given up trying to trade for them and I don't want to spend a fortune on tracking them down.

As for Ron Cey. he shares a RC with a solid player of the 70s and 80s - Ben Oglivie.