Won a Trout HR Challenge card tonight as Trout goes deep.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I pulled a couple of 2018 Topps HR Challenge cards in packs and in spite of the numbers peeling off when you try to scratch it off or peel with great time and effort including reading the partially peeled off CODE upside and backwards I was able to successfully submit two HR challenge card codes online to the Topps site back in March.

In the HR Challenge you pick a date when you predict the player on the card hits a home run and you win some kind of redemption prize card assuming of Mike Trout in this case

I chose April 21 and 22 for the two cards which just both happen to be of Mike Trout who went deep with HR tonight (yay April 21)

Has Topps done this HR Challenge contest in previous years ? I was wondering what the cards looked like and how long it took after the player hits a home run on the specific date you chose to receive something in mail. Since Topps has my address etc do I have to redeem the card or is it something Topps will do automatically? I got lucky but being greedy I'm hoping Trout plays tomorrow (Sunday) and goes yard again even if I live in Houston and an am Astros fan and the Angels are in our division. We respect but do not fear the Angels. Carl in Houston

Congrats! I'm 0-1 so far......I have April 27, 2018. Plus 10 more later on. I believe this is the first year for this type of contest. The card and your mailing address is already entered on their site....I would allow 3 to 4 weeks for the card. Best regards, David

Congrats! I'm 0-1 so far......I have April 27, 2018. Plus 10 more later on. I believe this is the first year for this type of contest. The card and your mailing address is already entered on their site....I would allow 3 to 4 weeks for the card. Best regards, David

Did you have any problems reading the codes? I was hard to tell whether they were scratch off or peel offs. I was unable to read the code of one other Home Run Challenge card of Yonder Alonso but now that I look at back of the card I see that if player hits HR on day you choose you win a prize (Unspecified what it is) as well as be entered into Grand Prize Drawing for a trip to the 2019 HR Derby. That would be cool.

Did you have any problems reading the codes? I was hard to tell whether they were scratch off or peel offs. I was unable to read the code of one other Home Run Challenge card of Yonder Alonso but now that I look at back of the card I see that if player hits HR on day you choose you win a prize (Unspecified what it is) as well as be entered into Grand Prize Drawing for a trip to the 2019 HR Derby. That would be cool.
They were scratch off. U may want to try different figures...write down the one u used and did not work...continue to try until u get it. Best regards, David

They were scratch off. U may want to try different figures...write down the one u used and did not work...continue to try until u get it. Best regards, David

I tried to scratch off first.. The Alonso scratch off is no longer useful because the code was stuck to the back of the black part you scratch off and did not adhere to the back of card. Oh well.

WOWSA.... and today on Sunday the 22nd his last at bat Mike Trout homers again in bottom of 8th making both HR Challenge card winners!!! A good Sunday with another Astros win (I live in Houston), a possible Angels loss and a Mike Trout home run

So today I received the two Trout HR Challenge winner cards from Topps for April . Nice looking cards with one #d 23/46 and the other #d 24/46