Yahoo Head-to-Head Baseball prize league

BBonds25

4.90 star(s)
Looking for a couple new players to join our league. This is the 6th year of the league, and we have a lot of great returning members.
The draft is set for Sunday, March 10 at 8:45 pm. Keepers need to be set by Thursday, March 7th. There is a link to set your keepers on the "my team" page, under the draft countdown clock. If you do not declare any keepers, you will draft in each of the of the first 3 rounds. Keeper rules are the same as last season. You can choose 1 infielder, 1 outfielder, and 1 pitcher (either SP or RP, your choice). Stat categories are the same as last season:

Hitters: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitchers: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

Prizes:

1 $20-25 auto - HOF/All-Star only
1 $15 auto - HOF/All-Star only
$2 for return shipping

League members will send me the prize cards, and I will then distribute them back out after the season. Also, this season we will be including a secret santa type aspect, where everyone will tell me their favorite player or team. I will then secretly assign each player another member's favorites. They will then add $5-10 worth of cards of that player/team.

Prize breakdown:

1st $20+ auto 4 $15 auto
2nd $20+ auto 3 $15 auto
3rd $20+ auto 2 $15 auto
4th $20+ auto 1 $15 auto
5th $20+ auto
6th $20+ auto
7th $20+ auto
8th $20+ auto
9th $20+ auto
10th - $20+ auto

There are currently 2 teams from last season that are open for someone to take over. Here are the rosters in which you can choose your keepers:

Team 1 TAKEN
Hitters:
Adrián Béltre
Shin-Soo Choo
Ian Desmond
Danny Espinosa
Dexter Fowler
Alex Gordon
Carlos Gómez
Jason Kipnis
Brett Lawrie
Manny Machado
A.J. Pierzynski
Albert Pujols
Carlos Santana
Giancarlo Stanton

Pitchers:
Jonathan Broxton
Yu Darvish
Tommy Hanson
Kenley Jansen
Craig Kimbrel
Jon Lester
Matt Moore
Addison Reed
Stephen Strasburg

Team 2
Hitters:
Jay Bruce
Starlin Castro
Zack Cozart
Yoenis Céspedes
Andre Ethier
Carlos González
Bryce Harper
Ryan Howard
Ian Kinsler
Devin Mesoraco
Buster Posey
Mark Reynolds
Scott Rolen
Nick Swisher
Mark Trumbo

Pitchers:
Bronson Arroyo
Chad Billingsley
Clay Buchholz
Madison Bumgarner
Aroldis Chapman
Mat Latos
Héctor Noesí
David Price

These teams will be first come, first served. But, if I get more interested parties, we can expand the league to 12 teams.

Feel free to post here, or pm me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:

jaxbraves

5.00 star(s)
So does it take a 20.00 auto to get in?

Hi Bryon, no it takes 2 autos plus $2.00 to help pay for shipping the prises to the league winners.
I have been playing since Brad started the league.

1 $20-25 auto - HOF/All-Star only
1 $15 auto - HOF/All-Star only
$2 for return shipping

Rich

BBonds25

4.90 star(s)
So does it take a 20.00 auto to get in?

What Rich said.

Everyone at least wins back a $20-25 auto. So yes, you do risk losing a 10-15 auto in the process, but you also have the chance to win up to $80 worth of cards. Plus, everyone will get something for their PC this year as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brad

Last edited: