Yankees vs Cleveland on field experience!!!

chaplain11

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hey guys! I had the most awesome experience afforded to me last night. I was told on Monday to get a ticket to see the Yankees in Cleveland on Tuesday - to take two days of leave for this trip - that something special was going to happen. I arrived at 1600, met up with security and was given an field access pass to watch the Indians and Yankees take batting practice!!!!!!!!!

I talked to several of the players: Ellsbury, Drew, DiDi, Young, Ryan, Tanaka, and Beltran, as well as Girardi and pena. Gardner threw me a ball (not signed but still cool all the same). I only got a picture with a few of them though. Still an awesome time.

Dewayne

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
WOW! Dewayne, that is just awesome!! Congrats on a fun experience, that is truly once in a lifetime!! How did that all come about?

God Bless,

Kevin

chaplain11

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Thanks!! How did you like the stadium? I have been there a bunch of times and really like it.

It was a pretty cool stadium. It was even more convenient to get out of after the game which was a plus too! It was such a short, unexpected trip that I didn't even think about letting anyone know I was coming up.

WOW! Dewayne, that is just awesome!! Congrats on a fun experience, that is truly once in a lifetime!! How did that all come about?

God Bless,

Kevin

Kevin,

My boss is friends with Brian Cashman and called in a favor since I have apparently been flipping awesome at work ;) I was told Monday night that I was "going to take leave" Tues and Wed for me to drive to Cleveland to watch the Yankees play. I was like okay, don't twist my arm. So I drove up Tuesday morning. I got a call at 4 as I was on my way to the Stadium - gates open at 5 - and was told to go to the left field gate for a surprise. So I walk over to the medium pass line and was given an on field access pass!!! So I spent almost two hours down on the field watching both teams take batting practice and talking to the players. It truly was a once-in-a-lifetime type experience.

God bless,
Dewayne

RHauch

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Welcome to our fine city. Congrats on the great experience. Wasn't Tuesday the 16 inning game? So actually you almost got to see two games. :)

PS. - Sorry the Indians won that night and took two of three from the Yankees. Not Really. Go Tribe. :)

Glad you had a great time,

Ron

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
It was a pretty cool stadium. It was even more convenient to get out of after the game which was a plus too! It was such a short, unexpected trip that I didn't even think about letting anyone know I was coming up.

Kevin,

My boss is friends with Brian Cashman and called in a favor since I have apparently been flipping awesome at work ;) I was told Monday night that I was "going to take leave" Tues and Wed for me to drive to Cleveland to watch the Yankees play. I was like okay, don't twist my arm. So I drove up Tuesday morning. I got a call at 4 as I was on my way to the Stadium - gates open at 5 - and was told to go to the left field gate for a surprise. So I walk over to the medium pass line and was given an on field access pass!!! So I spent almost two hours down on the field watching both teams take batting practice and talking to the players. It truly was a once-in-a-lifetime type experience.

God bless,
Dewayne

Hey when you have an awesome boss, its easy to continue doing awesome work!! GREAT STORY! So glad it worked out so well, that is a once in a lifetime memory, thanks for sharing it with all of us!

God Bless,

Kevin

pmanningsfan73

Veteran
5.00 star(s)

God bless,
Dewayne
What an awesome boss!! No doubt a once in a lifetime experience & no doubt you had great time as shown by the pictures. Thanks for sharing!