YSL Project Featured

teammaddux

5.00 star(s)
Sorry I've been away from the Bench for a few years due to life. Had some time to help out here. Sorry for being a pain and throwing out a few bones. I'm sure everything has been tried and tried before...

David K.

5.00 star(s)
We been at this the last 17 years.....talkers come and go......and very few help. Most of the time...they ask questions and then disappear! Best regards, David

Mike121

Administrator
5.00 star(s)
Sorry I've been away from the Bench for a few years due to life. Had some time to help out here. Sorry for being a pain and throwing out a few bones. I'm sure everything has been tried and tried before...
No problem. All help finding this is much appreciated! Hopefully it'll turn up one day!

I'm sure this has been answered before, but has anyone ever even seen one? If not, has anyone contacted Upper Deck to make sure the card actually exists? They might also have information on whether it was a SP, or maybe even can help find one!

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
No problem. All help finding this is much appreciated! Hopefully it'll turn up one day!

I'm sure this has been answered before, but has anyone ever even seen one? If not, has anyone contacted Upper Deck to make sure the card actually exists? They might also have information on whether it was a SP, or maybe even can help find one!
Hi Mike,

There were a few sets that were completed and turned in for the top prizes. So we know it is out there.

I spoke with Chris Carlin from Upper Deck at The National in 2012. Peter, myself and a few others discussed the project with him. At that time we only needed 15 - 20 cards and we tried to see if he could help us with anything. He confirmed that every card was packed out and that UD did not have anything in house.

teammaddux, thanks for asking. Just by asking you are keeping this project moving. I appreciate you getting involved and I am sure you will search thru your other contacts, and that is how this last card will be found. I am pretty sure this card is sitting in some nickel or dime box, and just waiting for someone to take the time to dig it out.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Just as an aside, there is an article out there, couldn’t grab it right away, but the guy who cashed in on the top prize had the same issues trying to find several cards. I believe his last one was the Guidry that we added in the last 6 months. We’ll find it, just have to keep getting the word out there.

Benski3

5.00 star(s)
Good news, I have 2105 coming from Pittsburgh. Where should I send it. This is all, the set is done. Right

Benny

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Good news, I have 2105 coming from Pittsburgh. Where should I send it. This is all, the set is done. Right

Benny
I was just going to post another strikeout message from a couple new sources, this is amazing news! I assume we will want to get that over to katester44 to have the complete set all in the same place.

jflan702

5.00 star(s)

Benny
This is great news! Let us know when it arrives. You need to send it to Katester to put with the rest of the set.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it? a collector, a LCS, a dealer?

Thanks,

Benski3

5.00 star(s)
This is great news! Let us know when it arrives. You need to send it to Katester to put with the rest of the set.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it? a collector, a LCS, a dealer?

Thanks,
I posted on facebook trader page that I needed 2 cards to finish the set. Another trader gave up his quest and gave it to me for nothing.

jflan702

5.00 star(s)
I posted on facebook trader page that I needed 2 cards to finish the set. Another trader gave up his quest and gave it to me for nothing.
Awesome! I saw your post, but missed the reply.

Congrats on getting this last one.

LEONOFNJ

5.00 star(s)
Ben, That is great news. Get it to Katesterwhen you can. And I hope he knows a good auction house.
Again, thanks .
Leon

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Here are the top donors!

David Kimura (California) – 2400+ cards
Leon Lutz (New Jersey) – 1600+ cards
John Flanagan (Massachusetts) – 740+ cards
Perry Fishkind (New Jersey) – 350+ cards
Dale Murray (Texas) – 350+ cards
Blast from the past....

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
That's great news. Congratulations on the find. I think there were prizes to be handed out to the top contributors. Congratulations to them as well.

katester44

5.00 star(s)

Benny
Benny - that is fantastic. You can send it to me -- will PM you my mailing info. Amazing work by everyone involved in this project to get it all put together. Once I get this last card, I will go through the entire set and make sure there are no cards that meet condition standards, etc.

Benski3

5.00 star(s)
Benny - that is fantastic. You can send it to me -- will PM you my mailing info. Amazing work by everyone involved in this project to get it all put together. Once I get this last card, I will go through the entire set and make sure there are no cards that meet condition standards, etc.
Received card today, not in great shape. Corner dings and big crease across Berras face. Just kidding, Card is mint and I will send out tomorrow.

Benny

Sponsors