YSL Project

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Great to finally see this come to the end on a happy note. Anxious to see how the set does at auction. One possible advantage to the long duration since the set was issued is that it may have been a very long time since a full set was made available for purchase. Hopefully there are no sets currently up for sale anywhere to cannibalize bids for this one, once it goes to auction. People working towards one or those who want a set, but don't have the patience to build one might jump on this change to end their search with one bid!

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
There is currently one complete set available on eBay. I had actually contacted the guy hoping he might have our Berra before it was found. He is asking $40k for it...I’m sure that is over-valued, but if its any indication of what we might be able to do for the Jimmy V foundation even half of that will have been worth all the work.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Received card today, not in great shape. Corner dings and big crease across Berras face. Just kidding, Card is mint and I will send out tomorrow.

Benny

Not gonna lie - started reading this and felt my stomach drop out!! Will let everyone know as soon as it shows up in my mailbox.

mgm37

5.00 star(s)
Ladies and Gentlemen this is indeed fantastic news. Thanks to all who helped. We should find another set to build as a group after this. Any suggestions?

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Sorry bout that, A little levity in these grim times.

LOL -- no worries, completely get what you were going for. Was going to crack wise about the card showing up in my mailbox in the middle of hurricane Isaias and the postal person having left the mailbox open a crack, but figured that might be too much.

In any case -- card #2105 is now in my possession. I will work on getting some info on auction houses and see what our best course of action will be. Will also go through all the cards and confirm they are there and in good shape.

There was a question asked earlier regarding the dupes -- now that we are wrapped up, I am going to be putting all the dupes up on Ebay, both in single card and multiple card listings. If anyone has any questions or needs additional info on anything in regards to this set, please message me directly. Thanks.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
No problem. Just checking up for Leon....will let he know. Thanks, David

Thanks -- I know we want to get this wrapped up and $$$$ to The V Foundation. I knew I was going to be busy this year with work, but had no idea it was going to be like this.