YSL Project Featured

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Quick update from my end, I spoke to Pete through Facebook on July 9th and he is fine with selling. He says Meliah should have the cards but I have been unable to contact him through the site. At this point I think it’s a dead issue unless Matt resurfaces.

OriolesFan8

5.00 star(s)
Quick update from my end, I spoke to Pete through Facebook on July 9th and he is fine with selling. He says Meliah should have the cards but I have been unable to contact him through the site. At this point I think it’s a dead issue unless Matt resurfaces.
Matt's on Facebook, he should be pretty easy to find.

As one who donated many cards, my say is much like the others voiced in this thread. After this has drug on so long, sell with the imperfect cards. Sell with a few missing. Once the momentum slowed, it should have been sold.

I'm glad David and Leon are for the sell, your opinion carries a lot of value.

Great idea, really bad implementation. Let's make the best decision and sell and donate the money!

Todd

Last edited:

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Can Peter find Matt? He might have moved or changed his email address.

LEONOFNJ

5.00 star(s)
You mean that there is a member on here who is holding thousands of dollars of our cards and no one knows where he is???????

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Should it tell you something that the site owner (at least I think he still is???) has not logged on for nearly a year now? It is sad that ownership/staff really has not taken a stand on this issue or gotten publically involved. I hope to hell that someone (or several people) is working behind the scenes to get this all straightened out. This situation is giving The Bench a serious black eye at the moment.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
I am going to throw my two cents in on this matter - take it as you may - as I don't have nearly as much vested in this project as others.

If we are going to sell it right now (and I believe that we should - let the buyer take the time to find the last couple upgraded cards needed), we need to have a plan to make it happen. I don't do anything in life without a plan - it just makes things so much easier, and you always have a spot to come back to if something doesn't go as anticipated.

Here are my thoughts on a plan:
1 - find the cards. It sounds like Meliah (Matt) has them - let's confirm that.
2 - I believe that Meliah is in the Chicago area? Or at least he was - if that is the case, do we want to find an auction house in Chicago that will handle getting them prepped for sale? Or do we just throw them on Ebay and hope for the best. ( I like option #1 better, but not my decision to make)
3 - if we go with a chicago auction - we don't have to ship the card anywhere, saving a bunch of $$ and extra work of packing up, etc.
4 - get the word out that the set is for sale - twitter, facebook, etc - anybody who likes social media, get it out there
5 - get the prizes to the members of the bench that were supposed to have earned them for their donations
6 - get the $$$ to the charity it was supposed to go to
7 - let's get the duplicate cards that we have up on Ebay and once those cards are sold, another check to another charity - if no one wants to do that, get me the cards and I will do that. If that is a route we want to travel, I will post my plan for that as well, so that there is total transparency for costs, etc.

This is by no means a plan endorsed by The Bench management - it is just the thoughts from my head as I wait for the rain to end today. It just seems we have talked and talked - it is now time to walk the walk. First step - find the cards and get them somewhere where we can do something with them. If for whatever reason Meliah can't do that, maybe there is another Bench member in the Chicago area that can take possession of the cards and get this train rolling again. I don't do Facebook, so if someone who does could reach out to Meliah - it will all start with him.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
At least one of the mods should have Pete's number. Maybe Pete knows where Meliah is at. I know Meliah's first name is matt, but he also legally changed his name many years back. What is his last name? Maybe then we could track him down on the web.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
At least one of the mods should have Pete's number. Maybe Pete knows where Meliah is at. I know Meliah's first name is matt, but he also legally changed his name many years back. What is his last name? Maybe then we could track him down on the web.
Here is the information on matt from a trade I did with him.

Matt Nyman
241 Springbrook Trail S
Oswego, IL 60543

I recall Matt moving during the time he was on the Bench, but I'm thinking that this was his most recent address that the Bench has. I had five transactions with Meliah so that was his address between 2006-summer of 2014.

Possible current address.

261 Fox Chase Dr N
Oswego IL 60543-8662

922 Lebanon St
Aurora, IL 60505-5160

Last edited:

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Here is the information on matt from a trade I did with him.

Matt Nyman
241 Springbrook Trail S
Oswego, IL 60543

I recall Matt moving during the time he was on the Bench, but I'm thinking that this was his most recent address that the Bench has. I had five transactions with Meliah so that was his address between 2006-summer of 2014.

261 Fox Chase Dr N
Oswego IL 60543-8662
Bumping for edited information.

261 Fox Chase Dr N
Oswego IL 60543-8662

922 Lebanon St
Aurora, IL 60505-5160

https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/results?name=Matthew Nyman&citystatezip=Oswego, IL&rid=0x0

Last edited:

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Hey guys, just to update, I reached out to Peter on the status of this and he hasn’t replied. That was on Facebook, 9/6. I don’t have a relationship with either of these gentleman outside of being on the site and some random interactions. Not sure if anyone has a better line on it, but this may, sadly, be a dead issue. -Andy

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Anyone out there that has any type of relationship with meliah (matt) to get this ball rolling? Even if it just to put a bug in his ear to pop on here and take a look?
I left a message on the only phone number of his that works. From the sound of her voice, I think it might be his daughters phone. I didn't get a reply. I will write a letter to the two addresses above. I think he would respond to me if he would respond at all.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
The letters will go out tomorrow. I have to wonder if Matt even got the most recent cards that were sent to him.

Meliah

5.00 star(s)
Cory texted me yesterday...and here I am, not impossible to find it turns out.

You guys want to sell the set then that's what we will do even though I'm still for trying to complete the set since it's been this long anyway.

So, since there were rumblings of worry that I was going to take the set and sell it for myself, or had already done that, I gather someone else wants to step up and sell this set? Has anyone even decided where the set will be sold at? Figure that out and figure out who's going to be on point for this and I will ship them the cards.....now I would prefer to be reimbursed for my having to ship this massive lot out as I am by no means a rich man and this will take multiple large flat rate boxes.

I'd apologize for not being around more but honestly I didn't think it was that hard to find me as many people have my phone number or are friends with me on Facebook. I don't collect cards anymore and this year has been hectic to say the least but I will spare you the details.

Doubt I'll log on here much so you can reach me by text at 630-664-7752 or negroleaguebaseball@hotmail.com. If you text me please put your name/ user name in the message so I know who I'm talking with please.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Matt, I hope you don't think that I insinuated that you could confiscate the set. I also didn't mean to create a panic that you couldn't be found. But the thread was started on June 28. It took three months for someone to set forward that actually had any information on you.

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Matt, I hope you don't think that I insinuated that you could confiscate the set. I also didn't mean to create a panic that you couldn't be found. But the thread was started on June 28. It took three months for someone to set forward that actually had any information on you.
Ok Ok....Enough of this back and forth about who is doing what and who is not doing what......Meliah has been found and he has posted on this thread and is now willing to put this set into somebody else hands, so instead of this thread going in the wrong direction, lets steer it the right way now in which Meliah has started too......

The first and only question right now is:

WHO WANTS TO TAKE OVER ON THIS SET?

Personally I would like to see David K. take on this YSL set. (if he is willing of course)

David K.

5.00 star(s)
Ok Ok....Enough of this back and forth about who is doing what and who is not doing what......Meliah has been found and he has posted on this thread and is now willing to put this set into somebody else hands, so instead of this thread going in the wrong direction, lets steer it the right way now in which Meliah has started too......

The first and only question right now is:

WHO WANTS TO TAKE OVER ON THIS SET?

Personally I would like to see David K. take on this YSL set. (if he is willing of course)
Sorry ...but I'm the one who donated the most cards.......so why should I bear the all of the cost of shipping and selling the cards?? I collect them for the Bench to sell for charity! Sorry...but don't put words in my mouth! I collected the cards for the bench to sell! Best regards, David

Last edited:

greatdadx2

5.00 star(s)
Sorry ...but I'm the one who donated the most cards.......so why should I bear the all of the cost of shipping and selling the cards?? I collect them for the Bench to sell for charity! Sorry...but don't put words in my mouth! I collected the cards for the bench and sell! Best regards, David
Wasn't putting in "words in your mouth" my friend, just a suggestion on who I thought would be a reputable and responsible person here on The Bench to take this task on....I was wrong....so sorry to make the suggestion
Best Regards, Robert

Sponsors