YSL Project

LEONOFNJ

5.00 star(s)
From what I gather we do have a complete set but the 2 cards that we need are in the set but there is something wrong with them.
Matt got in touch with an auction house before why can't he do it again. If it is in his town or close , they might Evan pick the cards up.

dragonslayer913

5.00 star(s)
From what I gather we do have a complete set but the 2 cards that we need are in the set but there is something wrong with them.
Matt got in touch with an auction house before why can't he do it again. If it is in his town or close , they might Evan pick the cards up.

In order for the set to be sold via a auction house all cards must be in mint condition and the set must be completed in order for them to conduct an auction.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
The Yogi is a high of $3.00.
Guidry is $1.25.

There was no specific marking of a short print, if they even do that. But they very well could be short print.

You're a new person .....Leon and I have search for many years....other sites, auctions, other dealers......ebay, comc, beckett marketplace, Burbank store, etc...and it appears only one of each was found!! If it was so simple or easy don't u think they would have been found by now????? I posted on freedom card board .....a thread were I offer $20.00 for each of the above cards. Nothing.....Best regards, David

LEONOFNJ

5.00 star(s)
If I remember right. Matt said the auction house said if all the cards were at least ex,we can get a better price .Which make me think he would have taken the set as it was. If anyone is talking to Matt ask him what auction house did he call and were is it located. ?

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
the auction house would NOT have final say so on the condition of every single card in the set - that would be up to the owner of the item being sold.....from what was said originally (several years ago) they noted that for the set to achieve maximum price it would need to be a mint set....i am 100% certain that if there were 2 lightly damaged cards out of nearly 7000 in the set , the final price would not be affected in the least....but i've also said all along that i really think ebay would be a better and cheaper way to market the set to more eyes than any auction house... also , as i recall mentioning in the other thread previously , the stadium giveaway was a completely separate PROMO/PREVIEW set and did not include any of the regular cards....as david noted , these are not ruth and mantle....that's my guess as to why these two are so hard to find - they are not the bigger names that many people would take the time to post for sale as singles...

jweech

5.00 star(s)
Been following this story since the day I joined. I can't offer any assistance but wanted to throw a shout out to everyone involved. You are doing great things here.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I logged in to Sports Card Forum yesterday for the first time since 2014. I had a thread there for YSL. The mods sent me an email in 2018 saying they were moving the thread. Probably to archives. When we get a new count I will post there again. After 5 yeards some people who were collecting the set may have given up> They may jump at the chance to receive 100 of our duplicates for 1 of their cards. We will need a dups list, I hope.

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Hey all, I just emailed Matt to get some clarity on some of the questions that have been raised here. I will update you all when I hear back. -Andy

AndyDrummond

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Heard back from Matt tonight, we are indeed missing the two cards that katester44 posted above. Also, he was in contact with Heritage auctions about the set, but that was nearly 10 years ago now, so probably fair to say we could explore other options when ready to sell. -Andy

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
What ever happened with the Foundation? Did anyone talk to them?

Perfect timing on seeing this -- I just got off the phone with The Jimmy V Foundation. Talked with a very nice lady for about 25 minutes - but didn't get much confidence that they would be able to help us.

When we first started this quest - did we get in touch with the V Foundation to let them know we were doing it? If so, was there a particular person that we were in contact with. The lady I talked to said that all "outside fundraisers" for V Foundation must start with the completion of an item called a "DIY Fundraiser" form. Did we do that?

If not, that is truly our next step in the process. If we did, let me know and please get me a copy of it, or a name of who it was submitted to.

I explained our situation to her - and she said that the V Foundation wouldn't tweet or send out information for any fundraiser that wasn't originated within the V Foundation itself.

With all that said - I don't believer the lady I spoke with was the final gatekeeper of fundraising information, so I sending them a couple of messages through different channels to see if I can fins someone a bit more sympathetic to the cause of getting them a check....

If anyone has a Twitter account - maybe DM the V Foundation twitter feed? Or throw a tweet on their timeline (is that possible)?

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I have followed up with an email message to the folks at The V Foundation - at this point, the ball is in their court in terms of responding to us.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Perfect timing on seeing this -- I just got off the phone with The Jimmy V Foundation. Talked with a very nice lady for about 25 minutes - but didn't get much confidence that they would be able to help us.

When we first started this quest - did we get in touch with the V Foundation to let them know we were doing it? If so, was there a particular person that we were in contact with. The lady I talked to said that all "outside fundraisers" for V Foundation must start with the completion of an item called a "DIY Fundraiser" form. Did we do that?

If not, that is truly our next step in the process. If we did, let me know and please get me a copy of it, or a name of who it was submitted to.

I explained our situation to her - and she said that the V Foundation wouldn't tweet or send out information for any fundraiser that wasn't originated within the V Foundation itself.

With all that said - I don't believer the lady I spoke with was the final gatekeeper of fundraising information, so I sending them a couple of messages through different channels to see if I can fins someone a bit more sympathetic to the cause of getting them a check....

If anyone has a Twitter account - maybe DM the V Foundation twitter feed? Or throw a tweet on their timeline (is that possible)?

Maybe we should move forward by getting this auction to be a Jimmy V initiated auction. We could just turn over the cards to them + or - the final cards. But I would think they would also like a complete set. I'm just throwing out an idea. I'm not wanting to step on anyone's toes.