YSL Project

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
Matt should be ready to ship soon, g to an email today saying he needed to grab a couple more boxes, underestimated sizes. I will keep everyone updated. -Andy

Andy,

Did you send the postage labels yet? It seems like a long wait.

Dave

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The cards have made their way to me - they are now officially in my possession.

I will get to work on sorting/listing the dupes. If the lead on the last two pans out, let me know what the other traders will need. If it is cards, great, if it is cash, let me know and I will pay for them.

Thanks and lets get this set wrapped up and get The V Foundation a fantastic Xmas donation!

rl16

5.00 star(s)
The cards are not listed for trade. The trader that has both appears very close to completing the set also, so I doubt we have a chance to trade with him. On the other hand, the other trader with just the Guidry card stills needs thousands from the YSL set. Maybe we can work something out with him. I wish one of them would reply to a message. Both have logged on to the site every day this week.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The cards are not listed for trade. The trader that has both appears very close to completing the set also, so I doubt we have a chance to trade with him. On the other hand, the other trader with just the Guidry card stills needs thousands from the YSL set. Maybe we can work something out with him. I wish one of them would reply to a message. Both have logged on to the site every day this week.

Thanks - appreciate the update. I believe somewhere, at some point in time, the phrase "everything has a price" was uttered. We just have to find that price.

As stated, I have the cards in my possession - I am going to try and get the dupes sorted and posted this weekend. Maybe that will help put together an offer for one or both.

David K.

5.00 star(s)

So their on this site?

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Not that I know of unless they use a different username. They are both on Trading Card Datbase website.

Glad we at least have a lead on where they might actually be. Feels like we have been swinging and missing for the past couple years. This may not be a home run, but we made contact!

rl16

5.00 star(s)
I finally heard back from one of the members. The member who listed both cards in his collection sold them years ago and has not updated his collection to show it. He does not remember who he sold them to, only that it was on EBAY. Still waiting to hear from the member with the Guidry card. Will send a 3rd message.

David K.

5.00 star(s)
I finally heard back from one of the members. The member who listed both cards in his collection sold them years ago and has not updated his collection to show it. He does not remember who he sold them to, only that it was on EBAY. Still waiting to hear from the member with the Guidry card. Will send a 3rd message.

I even posted on the beckett site and freedom cardboard offers to buy the cards at $20.00 per card!!! So sad.,....

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member

Definitely not the news we were hoping to hear, but at least now we know the cards exist, just have to keep digging and see if we can get lucky and catch a break. Appreciate you continuing to check on the folks over there that may be able to help us.

I even posted on the beckett site and freedom cardboard offers to buy the cards at $20.00 per card!!! So sad.,....

Someone has them, we will find them. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

rl16

5.00 star(s)
I noticed today the trader with the Guidry is on Instagram. His id is set.builder39. Maybe he would answer a message there. I do not have Instagram or I would try.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I noticed today the trader with the Guidry is on Instagram. His id is set.builder39. Maybe he would answer a message there. I do not have Instagram or I would try.

I am not on Instagram either -- hopefully someone that reads this thread is and can help us out.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I have the boxes open and am currently working on sorting the dupes - as I am not 100% familiar with this set - there are cards that have an "HM" moniker on them. Which looks to stand for Historical Moment. Are these a part of the overall set or not?

For instance, there is a card 473HM, which is Knute Rockne, but there is also a card 473 that is Tony Lazzeri. Any help is appreciated, as I would like to get started listing dupes on Ebay. And when I say dupes, until we find the last two cards, I will only be listing cards with more than 3 dupes, just in case we need those cards for a trade.

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I have the boxes open and am currently working on sorting the dupes - as I am not 100% familiar with this set - there are cards that have an "HM" moniker on them. Which looks to stand for Historical Moment. Are these a part of the overall set or not?

For instance, there is a card 473HM, which is Knute Rockne, but there is also a card 473 that is Tony Lazzeri. Any help is appreciated, as I would like to get started listing dupes on Ebay. And when I say dupes, until we find the last two cards, I will only be listing cards with more than 3 dupes, just in case we need those cards for a trade.

I have a Beckett Baseball Cards Annual price guide from 2014. The have a section for cards 1-6742 as one set. The have a separate section for Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Collection Historical Moments. I can't determine how many cards are in the set. It lists 10 cards with pricing, but it doesn't list 473 separately. There is also a section for Memorabilia.

Wickapedia says the set is 6743 cards, but I don't know where the extra card came from. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Stadium_Legacy

Beckett only lists 10 historical moments cards. Although Cardboard Connection says there were 50 historical moments in the 2008 A piece of History release.

Last edited:

anglinomics

5.00 star(s)
I have a Beckett Baseball Cards Annual price guide from 2014. The have a section for cards 1-6742 as one set. The have a separate section for Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy Collection Historical Moments. I can't determine how many cards are in the set. It lists 10 cards with pricing, but it doesn't list 473 separately. There is also a section for Memorabilia.

Wickapedia says the set is 6743 cards, but I don't know where the extra card came from. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee_Stadium_Legacy

Beckett only lists 10 historical moments cards. Although Cardboard Connection says there were 50 historical moments in the 2008 A piece of History release.

This is a better article.

https://baseballcardpedia.nfshost.com/index.php/2008_Upper_Deck_Yankee_Stadium_Legacy