2010 Topps Red Hot Rookie #10 Auto Redemption ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mesellucards

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Ok, time to ask everyone there thoughts and chime in if you are in the same boat. Over a year ago I redeemed my 2 - 2010 Topps Red Hot Rookie Redemption Card's to find one of them was for an Auto, for those of you who do not know and I am sure you all do 1/10 #10's got you an Auto version. Problem is it has been over a year and stll no card, I did get an email about a month ago that since it is over aloted time I can choose to have Topps send me something else at equal BV. The Card is Brett Wallace so not that it is going to be a very valuable card but there is no BV, so do I wait for it in hopes there are not alot of people who will and there will be alot less in circulation or do I opt to go for something of an equal BV ? Whatever equal is. I did call Topps yesterday and they told me they work with a Becket Rep to get an equal replacement due to no BV. I just dont want to go with the replacement and get a $20 common auto of some guy from 2006.

Any thoughts ?

I have not got mine yet either, and I got the email a while back. I'm guessing that Wallace has neglected to sign the cards yet (they are on-card)

BTW this is the wrong section for this kind of thread.

Ok, time to ask everyone there thoughts and chime in if you are in the same boat. Over a year ago I redeemed my 2 - 2010 Topps Red Hot Rookie Redemption Card's to find one of them was for an Auto, for those of you who do not know and I am sure you all do 1/10 #10's got you an Auto version. Problem is it has been over a year and stll no card, I did get an email about a month ago that since it is over aloted time I can choose to have Topps send me something else at equal BV. The Card is Brett Wallace so not that it is going to be a very valuable card but there is no BV, so do I wait for it in hopes there are not alot of people who will and there will be alot less in circulation or do I opt to go for something of an equal BV ? Whatever equal is. I did call Topps yesterday and they told me they work with a Becket Rep to get an equal replacement due to no BV. I just dont want to go with the replacement and get a $20 common auto of some guy from 2006.

Any thoughts ?

n/a pricing, I hate it. Not because there's no answer, but because it makes people think it's more valuable than it is. I have a 2005 Studio Private signings John Lackey, last time I checked the BV was N/A. According to COMC, it's now $10. Look at the 2003 Bowman Chrome Jose Contreras autographs, the only thing tougher than pulling one is finding a buyer. The same (non #'ed) Refractor and xfractor versions limited to /100 and /50 respectively have been on ebay for $17 and $21 for a few months now. The Minor League numbers remind me of Eric Karros. Realistically a $20 common auto may well be what that turns out to be anyways if it ever gets issued. He's got potential, if you can do better, great, if not, a card in hand beats a paper promise

At this point, you're going to get stuck with a replacement either way. Might as well try to get one on your terms as opposed to just having them send one out eventually.