Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to 3greyhounds's ebay items

It makes a person wonder...

... if ANYONE at Topps is paying attention to quality control!

I just opened two boxes of Series 2. Came up about 20 cards short of a second set (that's another story), but get this...

Pulled the appropriate number of autos, relics, etc., but two things struck me as weird:

1) Each jumbo pack had a 2030 subset card in it. The ones from box #2 DUPLICATED the ones from box #1, right down to the sequence!

2) The '85 relics (one in each box) say on the back, in bold red print,

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have just received a 1985 Topps Baseball Relic Card from 2020 Topps Baseball... Series ONE!" (Note: The numbering is different from the Series 1 relics)

What the heck??? Is anyone in that place paying attention? How can something like this slide through without SOMEBODY saying "uh, guys... this ain't right..."

Rant over. Thanks for listening (or reading),
    Dan
    Collecting Cal Ripken, Rick Dempsey, Buster Posey, and Paul Goldschmidt. Trade links below.

My Want/Tradelist
    Cal Ripken Jr. "Have" List
    Buster Posey "Have" List
    Paul Goldschmidt "Have" List

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to kirbyfan11's ebay items
    I hear ya barking my friend. It's pretty ridiculous. Like I said in my thread about the same type of thing, it seems pretty sad that if you see a certain pattern in the pack you open, it's going to be about half of the same cards.
    "Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us"Kirby Puckett at his retirement speech July 16th 1996

Kirby Puckett Haves 454/3189 14.23 %

Autograph's of Players seen in person 130/1246 10.4%

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    As long as Topps is the only game in town, they can be lazy like this. This is why the 80s were a wakeup call when Donruss and Fleer (and especially when Upper Deck) came along.

Lazy collation especially sucks. That's a tough one, Dan.

Bench Points
    Trader Rating
    Go to tigger0008's ebay items
    Go to DavidK's comc items
    Wow! Your 100% correct on the 1985 relic card of Noah Syndergaard Mets......from series one! Best regards, David
    In Memory of Our friend and Bench moderator Randy Martin Aka fatboycards 1963 to 2011. Fourth of July will be a special contest open to everyone with at 15 bench points and prevous winners! For 2019 National Treasures threads Albert Pujols auto/gu serial 4/5 !!