It makes a person wonder...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3greyhounds

MVP
5.00 star(s)
... if ANYONE at Topps is paying attention to quality control!

I just opened two boxes of Series 2. Came up about 20 cards short of a second set (that's another story), but get this...

Pulled the appropriate number of autos, relics, etc., but two things struck me as weird:

1) Each jumbo pack had a 2030 subset card in it. The ones from box #2 DUPLICATED the ones from box #1, right down to the sequence!

2) The '85 relics (one in each box) say on the back, in bold red print,

"CONGRATULATIONS! You have just received a 1985 Topps Baseball Relic Card from 2020 Topps Baseball... Series ONE!" (Note: The numbering is different from the Series 1 relics)

What the heck??? Is anyone in that place paying attention? How can something like this slide through without SOMEBODY saying "uh, guys... this ain't right..."

Rant over. Thanks for listening (or reading),
Dan

I hear ya barking my friend. It's pretty ridiculous. Like I said in my thread about the same type of thing, it seems pretty sad that if you see a certain pattern in the pack you open, it's going to be about half of the same cards.

As long as Topps is the only game in town, they can be lazy like this. This is why the 80s were a wakeup call when Donruss and Fleer (and especially when Upper Deck) came along.

Lazy collation especially sucks. That's a tough one, Dan.

I'm glad I decided that 2019 was my last year for this flagship brand..........I've really not heard one good thing that people are happy with, just complaints............I will do Update though, seems they put a little more thought into that product..........

I'm glad I decided that 2019 was my last year for this flagship brand..........I've really not heard one good thing that people are happy with, just complaints............I will do Update though, seems they put a little more thought into that product..........

But the price will be sky high for the updates? Their cutting back on number of products on their orders....I like the updates myself...but not the crazy prices theses days. Best regards, David

Been sorting through my case (probably the last flagship one I will get for a while) and the sequence of base cards is no joke. Sadly, it doesn't just impact hitting the same base cards. Here are 4 of the SPs I hit in my case:

GdLHQfDl.jpg

sigh

Been sorting through my case (probably the last flagship one I will get for a while) and the sequence of base cards is no joke. Sadly, it doesn't just impact hitting the same base cards. Here are 4 of the SPs I hit in my case:

GdLHQfDl.jpg

sigh

Being there are 2 Pujols I'd be happy with that but I do see your frustration is justified. On the other hand,there are certainly worse ones you could get than Pujols or Tucker.

Most of us are priced right out of hobby boxes of most everything this year and trying to find blasters at Walmart or Target? Forget about it lol.