Review 09 Triple Threads - MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
09 Triple Threads - MLB

2 pack box
6 cards per mini box
'Autographed Triple Relic or A Triple Relic Card' - in every mini box

At this writing, there is no info on the website for a checklist.
www.topps.com

I received the following:

jpg130.jpg

6 base cards #ed to 1350

Inserts

jpg131.jpg

Chase Utley #d to 240
Reggie Jackson #d to 525

jpg132.jpg

Cal #ed to 525
and
Cal #ed to 90
These 2 are hard to distinguish the difference... the only difference is the slightly darkened stripe on the card - it's easier to see in the scan than in person.

Triple Relics

jpg133.jpg

Mauer Jsy
Bench Jsy
McCann bat
#ed to 27

jpg134.jpg

White Whale # 1/1
Zack Greinke - triple jsy and auto
13 Wins

This issue again is a super premium issue and the boxes seem to be loaded. The base cards are all numbered - YES! and they are very thick. Each card I received is numbered.

Triple Threads will be a great card for the player collector. One should be able to find several numbered variations of their favorite player along with Triple Relics and even White Whales - auto'd no less!!

If I have a criticism, it would be the photos are not quite as 'crisp' as I would like to see on a super premium issue and the price tag is a bit steep. Here in Orlando, one shop is selling mini boxes (2 packs) for a minimum of $185. However, if you have some deep pockets or know someone who does, go for it, - you could pull the triple auto with Ty Cobb featured on the card!!!

Overall grade A - maybe some sharper photography.

Go buy several mini boxes and send the Triple Relics of Josh Hamilton and Evan Longoria to me!!

Duane