09 UD Ken Griffey Jr. #855

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

detroit1

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
Any one know about these
09 UD Ken Griffey Jr. #855 sp's
Why do they keep going up in value?
And what is the true defination for sp,I know it means short print.But are sp's rare or just cards with something missing on the backs or fronts?
I wonder how manny were produced?
I am a little new to collecting but if some one knows would be helpfull
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any one know about these
09 UD Ken Griffey Jr. #855 sp's
Why do they keep going up in value?
And what is the true defination for sp,I know it means short print.But are sp's rare or just cards with something missing on the backs or fronts?
I wonder how manny were produced?
I am a little new to collecting but if some one knows would be helpfull
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They have risen due to supply and demand. Griffey is popular among collectors and people trying to collect the entire set of UD are also after them.

SPs are just short prints. They can be variation like the Griffeys in this case, they can be a high number series, etc. Basically any card that is produced in lesser quantities than others is an SP. Some like the Griffeys are tough to pull, others like the Goodwin Champion SPs are one every couple of packs. Sp covers a wide range.

Only UD knows how many are produced since they are not serial #'d.

It appears there are several variations of card 855. There is a regular card 855a and a sp variation for each season Griffey has played in the majors that book for $40 each. I guess this will be lots of fun for Griffey collectors.